Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

PHP / Theme problem

Go to End

2 Posts   842 Views

Community Member, 22 Posts

13 April 2014 at 6:37pm

I run Silverstripe 3.1.1 for a site with multiple themes. I use the code here: to provide a tab to allow administrators to apply different themes to different areas of the site. It was all running well until this morning when cache files were removed from /tmp. Now when someone visits the site they get a blank page and I get the following error in the site log files:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/framework/core/manifest/TemplateManifest.php on line 171

I have no idea why this has started happening though obviously something necessary was cached. Can anyone provide any clues?

Community Member, 22 Posts

14 April 2014 at 11:19am

I have a work around. I commented out lines :170 - 176 of TemplateManiftest.php and inserted a copy of line 173:

169 /*********** commented out to fix theme problem - 2014/04/12
170                 if ($theme) {
171                         $this->templates[$name]['themes'][$theme][$type] = $pathname;
172                 } else if($projectFile) {
173                         $this->templates[$name][$this->project][$type] = $pathname;
174                 } else {
175                         $this->templates[$name][$type] = $pathname;
176                 }
177 ************/
178                 $this->templates[$name][$this->project][$type] = $pathname;

The site is now working at least. Is the cause likely to be an issue with coding change requirements between versions? I don't know enough about php or Silverstripe to track this down.