Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Cannot find _config.php in mysite folder

Go to End

8 Posts   4271 Views

Tuler

Community Member, 9 Posts

1 April 2009 at 1:08pm

Edited: 01/04/2009 1:09pm

I recently uploaded a new theme to my server and the documentation says to do the following:

Install

Simply unpack the contents of the zip file into the /themes directory in your SilverStripe installation.
Change to the theme by putting the following line in your ./mysite/_config.php:

SSViewer::set_theme("themename");

Visit your homepage, ensuring you flush the cache (append ?flush=1 to the URL).

The problem I'm having is that I cannot find the _config.php file in ./mysite/

I'm using version 2.2.3. How do I switch the theme?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

1 April 2009 at 5:03pm

Did you install with the tutorial option instead?. If so then the _config file is in /tutorial/. Move this file to /mysite/ , change the $project var in that file to 'mysite' then set your theme

sharkriver

Community Member, 2 Posts

4 April 2009 at 12:56am

I cannot seem to find it either! Where exactly is this file supposed to be? Within the theme files? or within the installation files? I searched and dont have it.

Willr

4 April 2009 at 11:27am

If you have run through the installer it should have created it in /mysite/ or the /tutorial/ folder depending on which option you installed with. It does not come as a file in the install package - it is created in the web installer.

If you have not installed it via the web based installer you will not have the file. If you have installed and your site works then it should be in the mysite/ or tutorial/ though some hosting packages which allow you to install SS via their dashboard view may store the file elsewhere.

sharkriver

Community Member, 2 Posts

7 April 2009 at 6:25am

Where can i find information on this web based installer? I ran thru most of the docs and didnt not anything on this? Please point me to some docs so I can install this!

Tuler

Community Member, 9 Posts

7 April 2009 at 8:38am

Thanks for the response. I installed this application through a site called http://759domains.com. The file was placed in the Tutorial directory.

nzrecruit

Community Member, 1 Post

10 May 2009 at 10:39am

HI
I also dont have the _config.php file in mysite folder or tutorial folder

I only have one in the cms folder and authiD folder.

With my site up and running, is it possible to download this file and copy it to the mysite folder ?

Willr

10 May 2009 at 12:49pm