Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

could new theme not get running

Go to End

9 Posts   4661 Views

Bcool

Community Member, 3 Posts

8 April 2009 at 2:47am

i am new to silverstripe, and got it running with standard delivering.
I have downloaded a theme from the website (artica), unzipped it, and uploaded it to the theme folder.
I have changed the config file, and called the site with /?flush=1 at the end.
(Site runs at the moment at www.kohberg.net/st/)
But when i call the page then, it trys to call http://www.kohberg.net/st/install.php
but i have deleted the file like i was advised after finishing with the installing.

And also i could not reactivate blackcandy.

Could anybody get me a tip, please?

Thanks a lot in advance!

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

8 April 2009 at 2:48pm

Hello,

I was unable to connect to the site at the address given. Has this been deleted?

Cheers,

Gary

Bcool

8 April 2009 at 7:24pm

Hi Gary,

thank you for looking after.

No the complete site is still there, the only things i have changed, where the described theme upload, and config file.
Anything i could do?

thanks

Ben

gakenny

9 April 2009 at 2:00pm

Hi,

Sorry - I see that the message states that the install.php file cannot be found. I presume that this is the issue you are experiencing.

Did you complete the installation process and verify that the site was running before deleting the install files?

Cheers,

Gary

Bcool

10 April 2009 at 8:55pm

Hi Gary,

i was sure that i has done the install as i was adviced by the installer, but after your tip i am not longer that sure... :-)

ok - i will install it again and see what happens then.

After i have done this i come back and let you know!

Did i get you right, that i have to run the site one time before i delete the install files?

Cheers,

Ben

gakenny

11 April 2009 at 9:17am

Hello,

Actually, once the installation is complete you will be presented with a page that provides the option of deleting these files. This is the time that the files should be deleted and I suggest using the automated process.

Cheers,

Gary

aidanodr

Community Member, 13 Posts

19 June 2009 at 9:18am

Edited: 19/06/2009 9:20am

Hi Guys,

Just to say I now have this issue also.

To clarify - I have had a successful installation and was able to use the Silverstripe install both front and backend. I then went about changing from the default theme to another by uploading the new theme ( I followed the whole proper proceedure ) and changing the "SSViewer::set_theme('xxxxxx');" line in the _config.php file under the mysite folder. Once this was done I end up now with -

http://www.netactivesolutions.net/stripe/install.php

It went from a perfect base install to the above and the 404 error. I went back to change the SSViewer line again to blackcandy, now it still wont work.

The act of changing the SSViewer parameter seems to have "Broken" my install. As to why it is back asking for install.php I have no idea. This was deleted as gakenny stated - you are asked to do so when the initial install is finished successfully.

And YES I flushed the installation several times, didnt work!

Any ideas?
Aidan

aidanodr

Community Member, 13 Posts

19 June 2009 at 9:40am

Further update -

I reuploaded the install.php as it was asking for it, refilled in detail - site back up and running, both front and backend. I then went and changed the "SSViewer::set_theme('xxxxxxx'); " parameter in the _config.php file again to the new theme .. BANG .. back to square 1 as above.

To resurect the site I will need to reupload install.php and go through that process again. When changing the SSViewer param to anything else seems to crash the system.

Aidan

Go to Top