hello all together,
one problem solved the next apeared. now that my theme is working very well in firefox and safarie i have
not the same result in IE7.
i uploaded an ie7.css in css file and wrote in the file: ...themes/themexx/templates/page.ss .. the common if end if...
<!--[if IE 7]>
now i get an error: parameter must be defined, xml ... etc is not working, when stylesheed is used....etc pp.
how can i give the page the correct .css for the browser?
I recently had this same issue. At the time I was modifying the Page.ss template. I was trying to remove the SearchForm. When I deleted the line from the template, I started getting the same error as you in IE (Firefox worked just fine). Oddly I found that if I just commented this line out instead of deleting it, it worked.
Since then I discovered that using a html and css validator is your best friend when dealing with these kinds of issues. The web developer extension to Firefox has a validator, but because of my company's firewall it can't see the website. I just do a view source and copy and paste it into the validator at www.w3c.org and it was finding all kinds of errors (improperly closed tags and comments, etc). Forgetting a ; at the end of a line can cause all kinds of problems for some browsers too. I can't recommend validating your html and css enough.