Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

IE Error with stylesheet

Go to End

3 Posts   2251 Views

yaizo

Community Member, 19 Posts

13 April 2009 at 1:35am

hello all together,
one problem solved the next apeared. now that my theme is working very well in firefox and safarie i have
not the same result in IE7.
i uploaded an ie7.css in css file and wrote in the file: ...themes/themexx/templates/page.ss .. the common if end if...
<!--[if IE 7]>
<style type="text/css">
@import url(themes/themexx/css/ie7.css);
</style>
<![endif]-->

now i get an error: parameter must be defined, xml ... etc is not working, when stylesheed is used....etc pp.
how can i give the page the correct .css for the browser?

thanks . :(.::::

woodb2

Community Member, 48 Posts

7 May 2009 at 12:57am

I recently had this same issue. At the time I was modifying the Page.ss template. I was trying to remove the SearchForm. When I deleted the line from the template, I started getting the same error as you in IE (Firefox worked just fine). Oddly I found that if I just commented this line out instead of deleting it, it worked.

Since then I discovered that using a html and css validator is your best friend when dealing with these kinds of issues. The web developer extension to Firefox has a validator, but because of my company's firewall it can't see the website. I just do a view source and copy and paste it into the validator at www.w3c.org and it was finding all kinds of errors (improperly closed tags and comments, etc). Forgetting a ; at the end of a line can cause all kinds of problems for some browsers too. I can't recommend validating your html and css enough.

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

24 June 2009 at 5:46pm

did you guys tried with flushing the site (?flush=1) ??