I've been following Aram's tutorial on SSBits, and i'm currently at the step of pasting the whole of your html into the .ss. I finished the general structure of the files and such, but SS seems to 'forget' or skip a few of my CSS classes.
I tried to disable contentnegotiator to no avail.
http://xs138.xs.to/xs138/09181/pdtheme351.png (screenshots of html and .ss)
By the way, I got the footer to appear some black by removing the XML Encoding attribute, but as I recall this isn't the best way. Also, before I started converting, I was sure my original website was a 100% xhtml strict w3c validated.