Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

How to work around the default CSS files?

Go to End

4 Posts   2540 Views

Brig

Community Member, 26 Posts

1 June 2009 at 2:47am

Hello

I've just started using SilverStripe and I really like the CMS part of it. The template development however seems a bit awkward.
I can't figure out how to work around the default CSS files that always gets loaded into the page.ss file for example.

typography.css, layout.css and form.css get automatically loaded into the page even if I removed the links to them in the ss file.

I understand that these stylesheets have got some required styles in them for the CMS to work but when creating a new template how do people work around these to not get your site to pick up styles from these 3 stylesheets?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brig

1 June 2009 at 3:02am

Forgot to add that I can edit the default CSS files to suit my needs but I suppose that that might break other things.
Is that correct?

Brig

1 June 2009 at 7:36am

I worked it out in the end. Just had to name all classes for the template and not leave any un-named such as body or html only.

Working as it should now.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

15 June 2009 at 5:35pm

In 2.3 I think we still have links to the default CSS files in the PHP files - in mysite/code/Page.php so that might be the cause of them loading.