Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

blackcandy navigation

Go to End

7 Posts   2517 Views

widget

Community Member, 19 Posts

18 June 2009 at 11:07pm

Hi I have added a silverstripe theme to one of my sites. The theme is blackcandy, it has a horizontal navigation across the top. is it possible to change the navigation to vertical down the left side?? Can anyone help me change it from horizontal to vertical. please.

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

19 June 2009 at 6:22am

I believe that you can change this with the use of the CSS, try the layout.css file, anyway if you can give a basic idea of how you need it; it will be much easier for someone to reply you.

widget

21 June 2009 at 10:44pm

Hi Nivanka, thanks i have been looking through the layout.css, i have changed the layout a bit, but now need to make the navigation vertical and text list type.

This is what i need and hope maybe someone can help. the site is www.08004nails.co.nz and i want navigation to go down the left side and ideally also would like the content part to be two columns.

So then is will look so:
text navigation, content one, content two. may be. if not then i can make just stick with one content column. above are the files that i am using in the theme.

colours and sizes are not an issue, it is just changing the menu navigation layout.

widget

21 June 2009 at 11:10pm

a bit like gconsultant or reversed sky themes - text menu list, but without the extra layer below.
sorry will post the files shortly.

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

21 June 2009 at 11:46pm

Hey, try the attached file for your layout. This stuff isn't hugely related to SilverStripe as it is purely a HTML/CSS issue - I would suggest going through some basic HTML/CSS tutorials as then you will find this sorta stuff much easier.

I imagine that it would be easiest for you to create the two columns using tables in the CMS text editor.

Hope this helps!

Attached Files
widget

23 June 2009 at 1:11pm

awesome, that is just what i wanted. thankyou. :-)

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

24 June 2009 at 3:56pm

you figured it out right!