Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

The default blackcandy theme disappeared

2 Posts   1567 Views

joeyseven

Community Member, 6 Posts

5 October 2009 at 5:08am

I'm very new to SilverStripe. I have been working on changing a new theme to the site. The default theme is "blackcandy" and I want to use "callofduty2".

I tried these steps (many times) that I could find from the forum:

1. downloaded the callofduty2 zip file
2. unzipped it and uploaded all files and folders to the themes folder
3. changed the .htaccess file from mysite folder to SSViewer::set_theme('callofduty2');
4. deleted cache from the IE browser
5. go to the site using www.mysite.com/silverstripe/?flush=1

Usually I got a blank page. That's fine, just keep doing more research. Then I will change the theme back to "blackcandy" and the site will be back agiain.

Then I found another post suggested to delete all files under silverstripe-cache folder. So, I changed the theme to "callofduty2" again, and re-did all the above steps and deleted all files under silverstripe-cache folder as well. It didn't work, still got a blank page. So, I put the "blackcandy" back again. This time, I've got a HTTP 500 error, The page cannot be displayed.

Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks!

_Vince

Community Member, 162 Posts

7 October 2009 at 2:13pm

If it's not a typo then I think step #3

"3. changed the .htaccess file from mysite folder to SSViewer::set_theme('callofduty2'); "

is wrong.

You should add that line to the _config.php file in the mysite folder rather than the .htaccess file.