Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Removing Sub-Menu on one page

Go to End

4 Posts   2189 Views

Custmguru

Community Member, 3 Posts

26 October 2009 at 7:42am

Ok, I'm brand new to this CMS and I'm struggling a bit on one thing. I am using the Terra-Firma theme for now on a site I'm building until I can spend the time building a new theme. Everything works fine, until I installed the event_calendar module. Technically, everything works fine, but the theme is a little too narrow for all of the panels to fit and the calendar box overlaps the SecondaryContent panel.

My question is how can I either stop the submenu from displaying on that one page OR move the 'calendar_sidemenu' into the secondary content box. Ive tried a few things, but none of it has worked.

Attached Files
_Vince

Community Member, 165 Posts

26 October 2009 at 2:00pm

The template allows you to do very primitive conditional processing, such as if-then-else. But no checking of variables except for booleans.

One thing you could do would be to create a one line function in Page.php that returns true or false depending on the page type, page title or whatever you think is safe to check. Call the function something mnemonic like DisplayCalendarOnThisPage.

Then you add something like

<% if DisplayCalendarOnThisPage %>
<div id="BlahBlahBlah">
display calendar stuff
</div>
<% end_if %>

to the template

If the template doesn't see your function, you might need to change it to
<% if top.DisplayCalendarOnThisPage %>

That's ONE way to do it, I'm sure there's a heap of others. :o)

Custmguru

26 October 2009 at 3:08pm

Heres another possible fix. This page is for a school, so I wouldn't need to display the weekend days. That would wedge it into the space that it's in so it fits.

Now, how could I keep the widget from displaying all 7 days?

Custmguru

26 October 2009 at 3:39pm

OK, I figured out an organizational way to resolve it. I flip-flopped the calendar and the filter form which pushed the overlap lower than it was before. Then I changed all of my dates that aren't re-occuring to announcements so they don't have thier own page for the links. It's not a great fix, but it's good for now.