Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Mollom WSOD > SS 2.3.5

Go to End

5 Posts   1714 Views

Enclave SSC

Community Member, 31 Posts

3 February 2010 at 11:26pm

Hi Guys

The upgrade to 2.3.5 posed some problems. Mollom now WSOD's. It appears to be Mollom and core related and not spamprotection related. Mollom works 100% in reports until the keys are enabled in _config.php. It the shows only a blank white screen. When logged out mollom also only show a blank white screen on any userform. When logged in the form obviously works as the captcha is not displayed. Any idea what could be causing this.

OwenW

Community Member, 45 Posts

4 February 2010 at 1:12am

Hi Enclave,

I have not seen this error at all before, but it has the hallmarks of a couple of things;

1. PHP memory exhaustion at a point where PHP is not able to even report the error.
2. Apache (or webserver of choice) segfault.

This is not to say that its not code/silverstripe related, but these two things should be fairly easy to rule out.

If you are running Linux/Apache then have a look at the apache error logs and also dmesg and the messages/syslog equiv.

If its windows, then you should be able to find something in the event log (I'm not a windows kid, so not totally sure)

Hope thats helpful.

Cheers
Owen

Enclave SSC

4 February 2010 at 12:22pm

Hi Owen

Thanks for the suggestions. I am running Linux. I made sure PHP has a ton of memory to work with and check the error.log in var/log/apache2 but no indication of any error occurring. This is really baffling me.

If you have any other ideas please let me know.

Enclave SSC

4 February 2010 at 12:39pm

Removing the value for the publicKey and privateKey gives the following on the userforms page:

Fatal error: Class MollomSpamProtector contains 3 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (SpamProtector::getFieldName, SpamProtector::updateForm, SpamProtector::setFieldMapping) in /var/www/project/public_html/mollom/code/MollomSpamProtector.php on line 45

Enclave SSC

5 February 2010 at 12:20am

Ok I never managed to solve the problem locally but on a live server it is working. I used Ubuntu linux, with apache2 and PHP5. :/