Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Mollom WSOD > SS 2.3.5

Go to End

5 Posts   1291 Views

Enclave SSC

Community Member, 31 Posts

3 February 2010 at 11:26pm

Hi Guys

The upgrade to 2.3.5 posed some problems. Mollom now WSOD's. It appears to be Mollom and core related and not spamprotection related. Mollom works 100% in reports until the keys are enabled in _config.php. It the shows only a blank white screen. When logged out mollom also only show a blank white screen on any userform. When logged in the form obviously works as the captcha is not displayed. Any idea what could be causing this.

Community Member, 45 Posts

4 February 2010 at 1:12am

Hi Enclave,

I have not seen this error at all before, but it has the hallmarks of a couple of things;

1. PHP memory exhaustion at a point where PHP is not able to even report the error.
2. Apache (or webserver of choice) segfault.

This is not to say that its not code/silverstripe related, but these two things should be fairly easy to rule out.

If you are running Linux/Apache then have a look at the apache error logs and also dmesg and the messages/syslog equiv.

If its windows, then you should be able to find something in the event log (I'm not a windows kid, so not totally sure)

Hope thats helpful.

Enclave SSC

4 February 2010 at 12:22pm

Hi Owen

Thanks for the suggestions. I am running Linux. I made sure PHP has a ton of memory to work with and check the error.log in var/log/apache2 but no indication of any error occurring. This is really baffling me.

If you have any other ideas please let me know.

Enclave SSC

4 February 2010 at 12:39pm

Removing the value for the publicKey and privateKey gives the following on the userforms page:

Fatal error: Class MollomSpamProtector contains 3 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (SpamProtector::getFieldName, SpamProtector::updateForm, SpamProtector::setFieldMapping) in /var/www/project/public_html/mollom/code/MollomSpamProtector.php on line 45

Enclave SSC

5 February 2010 at 12:20am

Ok I never managed to solve the problem locally but on a live server it is working. I used Ubuntu linux, with apache2 and PHP5. :/