Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Upgrading SilverStripe

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

upgrading from 2.3.6 to 2.4rc1

7 Posts   966 Views

Quarx

16 April 2010 at 12:53am Community Member, 12 Posts

To finish my update I had to manually add a new column to Member table (FailedLoginCount).
I also had to add two tables: PermissionRole and PermissionRoleCode.
It would be nice if this could be done automatically from /dev/build.

Willr

17 April 2010 at 11:30pm (Last edited: 17 April 2010 11:32pm), Forum Moderator, 5511 Posts

All adding / management of DB fields should be automatically done in /dev/build.

Did you run a /dev/build?flush=1 after you installed? Your manifest file / cache may have been caching an older version. Very strange to see database fields not added.

If you can reproduce it or anyone else runs into it please raise it as a ticket. We want to make upgrading from 2.3 to 2.4 as straight forward as we can even with the huge amount of work that has gone into it!

Quarx

18 April 2010 at 1:23am Community Member, 12 Posts

I did as you suggest (no cache, dev/build?flush=1). Some time ago I also upgraded from 2.3.6 to 2.4 alpha or beta (I'm not sure which one, I'm afraid..) and there was similar problem at the time but I recall only with FailedLoginCount. As for reproducing this may take me a while, I need to build a new testing environment.

elementweb

13 May 2010 at 9:39am Community Member, 5 Posts

Well looking at the 2.4 sources, there are no mentions of FailedLoginCount outside of the Member class. No SQL script to alter the database.

elementweb

13 May 2010 at 10:06am Community Member, 5 Posts

The last comment I made applies to upgrading from 2.3.4 to 2.4.0.

I checked out all the tags from 2.3.4 to 2.4.0 and the FailedLoginCount attribute for the Member object appears in 2.4.0 and has no script to add it from an upgrade in any version.

Willr

13 May 2010 at 1:03pm Forum Moderator, 5511 Posts

Well looking at the 2.4 sources, there are no mentions of FailedLoginCount outside of the Member class. No SQL script to alter the database.

You shouldn't need a script to add it - running /dev/build should rebuild the database and add the column for you.

TotalNet

11 June 2010 at 11:39am Community Member, 181 Posts

Got the same error using the released version of 2.4.0, also upgrading from 2.3.4
Putting the site in dev mode seemed to sort it out though not sure why, shout if you want me to try and reproduce it.
Rich