Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

2.4 [User Warning] Cookie 'bypassStaticCache' can't be set.


Go to End
Reply


10 Posts   2993 Views

Avatar
zenmonkey

Community Member, 532 Posts

6 May 2010 at 1:50am

I'm getting the following error on debug after upgrading to 2.4

[User Warning] Cookie 'bypassStaticCache' can't be set. The site started outputting was content at line 72 in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/Ophoria_2.4/sapphire/dev/Debug.php
GET /Ophoria_2.4/vibes/bliss/?debug=1

Line 33 in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/Ophoria_2.4/sapphire/core/Cookie.php

Avatar
ram

Community Member, 19 Posts

6 May 2010 at 10:22pm

Hi zenmonkey,

if you use old gallery module please remove and check it. let me know if you need any more clarifications.

Regards,
Ram
http://www.agriya.com,http://www.rayzz.net, http://www.anova.tv, http://www.isocial.in, http://www.markit.me

Avatar
zenmonkey

Community Member, 532 Posts

7 May 2010 at 12:55am

I'm not using the Gallery Module. I upgraded to the Latest Version of DOM just in case, but that didn't fix it. I'm still getting the error

Avatar
ram

Community Member, 19 Posts

7 May 2010 at 1:06am

hi zenmonkey,

same issue found when i upgrading 2.4.0. i removed gallery module and working fine for me.

another test: can you remove all old module from site and check it and let me know.

Regards,
Ram

Avatar
Fairfax71

Community Member, 13 Posts

11 May 2010 at 8:27am

Edited: 11/05/2010 8:29am

Hi all,

I have the same problem -- after upgrading to 2.4.0, I get this error:

[User Warning] Cookie 'bypassStaticCache' can't be set. The site started outputting was content at line 63 in /srv/web/tal-15299/beta.alt-katholisch-hannover.de/mysite/code/Page.php

Trace

Cookie 'bypassStaticCache' can't be set. The site started outputting was content at line 63 in /srv/web/tal-15299/beta.alt-katholisch-hannover.de/mysite/code/Page.php
Line 33 of Cookie.php
Cookie::set(bypassStaticCache,,0)
Line 622 of Versioned.php
Versioned::choose_site_stage()
Line 940 of Versioned.php
Versioned->modelascontrollerInit(ModelAsController,,,,,,)
Line 963 of Object.php
Object->extend(modelascontrollerInit,ModelAsController)
Line 31 of ModelAsController.php
ModelAsController->init()
Line 47 of ModelAsController.php
ModelAsController->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest)
Line 111 of RootURLController.php
RootURLController->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest)
Line 283 of Director.php
Director::handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest,Session)
Line 127 of Director.php
Director::direct(/)
Line 127 of main.php

The only extra module installed is the blog module; I tried removing it and running /dev/build?flush=1 again, and reinstalling the blog module, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Avatar
Fairfax71

Community Member, 13 Posts

11 May 2010 at 9:34pm

That's what had me confused -- I looked and didn't see anything in my text editor (BBEdit on the Mac).

Then after reading your post, I tried opening it in a CLI editor, and saw that the last line with filled with junk characters that BBEdit simply didn't show in the default setting (if I turned on "Show invisibles", then BBEdit showed them). I removed that, and now it seems to work fine -- but I'm baffled as to where the junk at the end of the file came from.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me to look harder. ;-)

Avatar
nakashu

Community Member, 24 Posts

27 May 2010 at 11:28pm

Hey all.

Got same error message, but it happens everytime I install DOM.
SS2.4 - latest DOM downloaded from trunk, and right after I create some page types to use DOM, the error pops up.

Tripple checked for hidden characters, in many editors, nothing to be found there.

trace is pointing to a Object.php in mysite/code ... that file is extending dataobject..

I would be very grateful for any help ..
have a nice day.

Avatar
nakashu

Community Member, 24 Posts

31 May 2010 at 10:41pm

Ok sorted it out:
it was an encoding problem, when ever i changed encoding from ansi to utf-8 the errors occured, as i needed to have special character included utf-8 was necesary.
solution - notepad++ god in encoding options: one called convert to utf-8 without BOM, that one fixed all the issues.
What BOM is -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8#Byte_order_mark

All things to try at one place to fix this issue.:
1. Remove and install new DOM modules, gallery module, etc. - for ss2.4
2. Look at the begging and end of your files for some rubish characters, and remove them / set show all characters
3. Try converting/changing encoding to ANSI, respectively to "UTF-8 without BOM" if needed.

have a nice day.

Go to Top