Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Cache issue after 2.45 upgrade

4 Posts   1686 Views

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

9 March 2011 at 3:59am

Has anyone else had a problem with the site cache after upgrading to 2.45?

New pages post fine, but if I change anything, a link, the position of an element or even plain text on a published page, I have to manually go in and delete the site cache for it to take effect. I'm pretty sure that it is not an interface problem as it also occurs when I make code changes directly to files at the root. I'm also pretty sure that it's not a browser issue as I've opened the interface in four different browsers and the pages remain unchanged in all of them until I clear the site cache. I've also tried a couple different computers just to make sure it's not a cache problem with my laptop.

As always, any insights or suggestions will be gratefully accepted. It's not a catastrophic issue, but it could drive a bunny crazy if she doesn't pay attention...

HB

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1798 Posts

9 March 2011 at 4:22am

do you use 'silverstripe-cache' in your webroot?

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

9 March 2011 at 5:29am

Yup, that's what I've been manually clearing since the upgrade.

If I am the only one having this problem since upgrading, then it's probably something quirky in my SS installation. I guess I'll have to set aside some time later today to check a couple of my other sites to see if they are having the same problem. They are all hosted under the same installation so I assumed that they would have the same problem, but you know what they say about assuming things.

HB

nez

Community Member, 4 Posts

15 June 2011 at 7:35am

Your not the only one. i am having the same issue i have to go manually and wipe the folder clean then run the flush all command to get it working. I have my customer keep calling saying their website is down it is getting kinda embarrassing. any help would be appreciated. let me know what you need.