Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't edit article pages after upgrade to 2.4.5 HELP!

Go to End

2 Posts   1799 Views

jfusco

Community Member, 53 Posts

11 June 2011 at 2:59pm

I had some issues upgrading due to some information in my .htaccess file and upgraded from SS 2.3.2 yesterday afternoon. This was done via GoDaddy and it did incremental upgrades from what I could tell.

In the process of updating or preparing to update I somehow rolled back my database a version and deleted a sponsored link from one of the pages. :O When I went to put the link back in, I clicked on the relevant article page and received the message, "Fatal error: Class 'CalendarDateField' not found in /home/content/u/n/c/unclebubby/html/wavs2/mysite/code/ArticlePage.php on line 19"

Line 19 reads: $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Main', new CalendarDateField('Date'), 'Content');

I removed the section "new CalendarDateField('Date')" from the statement and ended up with an error in FieldSet.php

I started going down the rabbit hole and commenting out the lines it was balking about but each time I cleared one error, another would pop up. I really need to get this back up and running so I can get that link back up, not to mention just edit my site.

HELP!

Thanks,
Joe

Attached Files
jfusco

Community Member, 53 Posts

12 June 2011 at 2:24pm

I figured it out! I went back through the tutorials and noticed that in the ArticlePage.php code it was no longer CalendarDateField and was now just simply DateField. Once I changed that and ran a dev/rebuild, editing capabilities returned.

-- Joe