Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Site Tree Flakiness after upgrade to 2.4.5

Go to End

5 Posts   2341 Views

bhowell

Community Member, 2 Posts

30 September 2011 at 7:12am

I just upgraded to 2.4.5 and things look good except for the backend which is sometimes displaying an incomplete site-tree. Some of the base nodes are there but any pages in the site tree with children (the important ones!) don't show up in the CMS panel. The front end is rendering fine.

This is really weird and does not seem to have to do with the cache on the server side as flushing as well as deleting the cache files does not seem to help. It seems like the browser is getting some kind of corrupted or incomplete AJAX bits and caching it. The one thing that seemed to work was switching tabs in the CMS and then doing a shift-refresh to clear the browser cache. This happens on Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

Any help or suggestions would be great as my users are a little annoyed and confused.

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

29 October 2011 at 10:43am

That's odd - havent experienced it myself.

Perhaps a file got corrupted but either way you could try updating to 2.4.6 and see if that resolves the issue.

Howard

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

29 October 2011 at 10:43am

That's odd - havent experienced it myself.

Perhaps a file got corrupted but either way you could try updating to 2.4.6 and see if that resolves the issue.

Howard

JC

Community Member, 1 Post

14 March 2012 at 11:57pm

Hi bhowell,

Just wondering if this issue was ever solved? I am experiencing a very similar issue after upgrading.

Cheers,

bhowell

Community Member, 2 Posts

16 March 2012 at 12:49am

Hi JC,

We still have the same problem. I gave up trying as we are going with another CMS solution as part of a site re-design. But if you find a solution do share.