Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Issues With SilverStripe 3

Go to End

12 Posts   4702 Views

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

28 June 2012 at 1:22pm

Edited: 28/06/2012 1:30pm

The code I copied above from the txt file was from the json tab, but the website you linked me said there was 1 parse error.

I can keep digging around and see what I can find.

This is the screenshot of the error in firefox. Cut off obviously.

http://shiftideas.com/stuff/ss-error3.png

nikrolls

Community Member, 8 Posts

28 June 2012 at 3:01pm

Edited: 28/06/2012 3:05pm

Hard to tell -- but if json.parser.online.fr is saying there is a parsing error then that could be it. Note, make sure you are copying from the Response tab, not the JSON tab.

If there truly is a parse error then this is likely breaking the Ajax functions of the CMS. The next step is to figure out what is causing it, and where ...

EDIT: It'd quite easy to debug JSON yourself, even if you're not a developer. It's a simple 'key: value' dictionary format, and if you've ever worked with CSS then it's very similar (obviously without the selectors).

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

29 June 2012 at 7:57am

Ya I was copying from the JSON tab, not the response tab.

Doing it the proper way, it comes back clean.

Strange. Not sure what's causing this issue.

I have another install on the same server and just uploaded all these project files into it and installed it. Works fine. So it makes more sense to just start fresh and hope it doesn't pop back up. Luckily I didn't have any content really, just sitetree defined and I can easily just duplicate that again.

The ticket I started was marked as critical by Ingo as he can replicate the issue, so it's not a total lost cause.

Thanks for all your help anyway and hopefully this doesn't come back mid project. Fingers crossed.

nikrolls

Community Member, 8 Posts

29 June 2012 at 1:42pm

Glad I could help!

I always use an SVN so I can easily revert changes if I've broken something. I've also started making daily exports from PHPMyAdmin in case some content I've entered is causing an issue.

Now that Silverstripe 3.0 is final, you're less likely to be affected by bugs that you didn't know you had much later down the track!

Go to Top