Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Migrating Users from Symfony to Silverstripe 3

3 Posts   656 Views

sktzoootech

Community Member, 5 Posts

29 December 2012 at 6:16pm

Hi All,

I need help on migrating users from a website built using symfony to silverstripe 3. I got a table of users from a symfony built website with sha1 hashed passwords and salts. I want to import the users to a freshly setup silverstripe 3 website. I tried to insert a sample entry to SS3s Member table by manually inserting the hashed password, the salt and changed the password encryption algorithm to sha1 but it didn't work. I also tried using Security::set_password_encryption_algorithm in my _config.php to override the password encryption from blowfish to sha1 but it doesn't seem to change the password algorithm.

I would really need help on this since I only have a few days left to deliver the project. Any ideas on how I should do the migration?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

10 January 2013 at 8:13pm

Dig into the symfony code base to see how the authentication layer works compared to SilverStripe's PasswordEncryptor_PHPHash. It could do it salt + password vs password + salt or any other number of other differences.

sktzoootech

Community Member, 5 Posts

10 January 2013 at 8:26pm

Thanks Willr. I got it working already. I extended PasswordEncryptor and swapped how the salt + the password was combined before hash.