Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Pic Upload with 2.4.5 (sapphire) doesn't work

Go to End

4 Posts   2015 Views

Sonjaa2322

Community Member, 3 Posts

15 March 2013 at 12:54am

Hi guys,

Files&Images/Upload

I created a new folder for pis, wanted to use the link "Add files to new folder" (see attachment), but there is no chance to upload any pic. The system doesn't react, when the continue button is pressed. What to do please ??

Is it an option to upgrade to 3.x? Any problems known? What should we take care of?

Many thanks for your help,
Sonja

Attached Files
Devlin

Community Member, 344 Posts

15 March 2013 at 1:52am

You can update 2.4.5 to 2.4.10 with no problems.

As for the upload thingy: you're using the DataObjectManager module. I recommend to update the module and see if the upload works for you again.

SS3: DataObjectManager is not compatible with SS3 so you need to do some changes to your site if you want to upgrade to SS3.
@see http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/installation/upgrading

I'd recommend to stick with 2.4.10 for while.

Sonjaa2322

Community Member, 3 Posts

15 March 2013 at 1:57am

Thanks a lot, will try!

copernican

Community Member, 189 Posts

20 March 2013 at 1:22am

If you haven't already, you should also install the Uploadify module, developed by the same guy who made dataobject manager. you can get the latest version here : https://github.com/unclecheese/Uploadify.

And to be devils advocate, I would recommend upgrading to 3.0. If you're not comfortable with code and this is an older site then maybe stick with 2.4, but if this is a new project your working on you should be doing it in 3.0.