Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Translated pages not showing after upgrade

Go to End

8 Posts   1845 Views

ismooth

Community Member, 25 Posts

6 February 2014 at 4:23am

Hi,

I'm currently running a site on SS 2.4. I've made SS 3.1.2 version of the system and am trying to migrate site to new version. On my SS 3 dev instance I've copied whole database from SS2.4 as well as assets/ folder, did a dev/build and set which theme to use. Everything looks to work fine, except when I try opening any page in a different language (done using translatable module)- then I get Getting started page with instructions on how to start using SS framework (with it's default blue header style).

When I tested new SS 3 version of the system without copying the database, translation worked fine, but apparently something breaks it when I copy the database. Any ideas what can I do?

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

6 February 2014 at 8:11am

Do your translated pages use the same theme?

ismooth

6 February 2014 at 8:21am

Yes, theme is the same, just adjusted for 3.1.2 version ('control' replaced with 'loop' or 'with' directives and so on).

martimiz

6 February 2014 at 8:29am

Just to make sure - I meant do french pages use the same theme/templates as english pages - or whichever languages you are using :)

ismooth

6 February 2014 at 8:52am

I would say yes. In CMS I just choose my theme, and then for every page I created translation (through CMS). Template files correspond to page type names / actions, and there are no separate templates for different languages.

With clean install of SS 3.1.2 same translations work good. When I copy database from 2.4 version, no. Could it be that there are some differences in the way these translations are written in the database? But why would that give me design like when you run dev/build? I never experienced that, usually when something breaks layout with default controller shows up (light blue if I remember).

Attached is page that I get.

Attached Files
martimiz

6 February 2014 at 9:05am

I'm not sure, but I found that sometimes ?flush=all seems to cure things in 3.12 that needed no curing in earlier versions. Did you try on a translated page?

ismooth

6 February 2014 at 9:19am

I know what you mean :), but I've already tried all that on default language as well as on translated pages. Also tried deleting cache directory, but nothing worked.

martimiz

7 February 2014 at 7:02am

One thing I remomber, was that this happened when a page urlsegment was equal to an existing (controller)classname, but that probably isn't the case here? I hope someone else might know of other reasons for this behaviour, I don't really know at this point :(