Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Fatal Error: 'There are two files containing the "i18n" class:

4 Posts   680 Views

growin

Community Member, 41 Posts

17 February 2014 at 9:04am

I had setup a site a few years back for a friend. He stated that nothing was working and there was only a blank screen. I started to look into it and the index.php was gone. Admin only showed a blank screen. I copied the site for backup and did an upgrade. When I try to go into Admin, I get the following fatal error:
"Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'There are two files containing the "i18n" class: "/home/wwwmat7/public_html/framework/i18n/i18n.php" and "/home/wwwmat7/public_html/sapphire/core/i18n.php"' in /home/wwwmat7/public_html/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php:395 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: SS_ClassManifest->handleFile('i18n.php', '/home/wwwmat7/p...', 2) #1 /home/wwwmat7/public_html/framework/filesystem/FileFinder.php(158): call_user_func(Array, 'i18n.php', '/home/wwwmat7/p...', 2) #2 /home/wwwmat7/public_html/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php(311): SS_FileFinder->find('/home/wwwmat7/p...') #3 /home/wwwmat7/public_html/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php(135): SS_ClassManifest->regenerate(true) #4 /home/wwwmat7/public_html/framework/core/Core.php(99): SS_ClassManifest->__construct('/home/wwwmat7/p...', false, false) #5 /home/wwwmat7/public_html/framework/main.php(127): require_once('/home/wwwmat7/p...') #6 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(ErrorControlChain)) #7 /home/ in /home/wwwmat7/public_html/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php on line 395"
I'm stuck as to what to do next. I have no idea how the index.php vanished and my friend did not backup the site on a regular basis as instructed. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Nobrainer Web

Community Member, 137 Posts

17 February 2014 at 10:09am

Well first of all, you have both saphire and framework as folders. In older versions of Silverstripe, you had a saphire folder, that is Noe renamed to framework.
So i Think you have not handled the udgrave as intended.
The error simply tell you that you have the same class in two files.

So i suggest you decide if you want to use the old version; download a ss2.9 or if you want to upgrade install a version 3.1.2 and read the uograding guides - can be a bit tricky.

Hope it helps

growin

Community Member, 41 Posts

17 February 2014 at 5:06pm

Thanks. I've given up trying to save the previous site and all the info/data. In attempting to reinstall with the new version, following the instructions here: http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/2.3/installation/upgrading and after adding a new db, I get stuck on:
Fatal error: Class 'DataObjectDecorator' not found in /home/wwwmat7/public_html/ecommerce/code/EcommerceRole.php on line 13
Line 13 reads: class EcommerceRole extends DataObjectDecorator {
Is there something I'm missing? It does seem to be where it's saying it isn't.

kinglozzer

Community Member, 175 Posts

18 February 2014 at 6:22am

Hi growin,

DataObjectDecorator is a class that was used by extensions/modules in version 2.4, it was replaced with Extension & DataExtension in 3.0. It seems that the 'ecommerce' module you're using hasn't been updated to a version that works with 3.x.

Loz