Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Safari compatibility issue with 2.3.0

Go to End

4 Posts   1957 Views

Bruce B

Community Member, 164 Posts

4 March 2009 at 4:00pm

I'm almost ready to upgrade http://nfaw.org to version 2.3.0 but the admin pages are behaving badly. I've loaded 2.3.0 with blog 0.2.0 onto my local dev site (my MacBook Pro) and it all seemed to be working well until TinyMCE went away. The content text area in the editor screens showed raw html code and the editor appeared to have locked up and didn't respond to clicks.

I've managed to repeat the problem but not in any consistent fashion. In one instance forcing a refresh (option-reload) seemed to restore everything to normal but, of course, now it refuses to fall over so I can test it further.

I'm running the Safari 4 beta and a relatively recent webkit so that could contribute to the problem. I'll keep working on it and post further if I find any clues. This post is just to see if anyone else is having similar problems.

Bruce B

4 March 2009 at 4:18pm

Another Safari/TinyMCE problem in the content editor pages:

Highlight some existing text and insert a link. When you click on the 'Insert link' button, the (now linked) highlighted text is duplicated at the start of the paragraph instead of being linked in its original position. Placing an insertion point in the text, then entering the link text in the appropriate hyperlink text box works correctly.

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

4 March 2009 at 4:19pm

Hi Bruce,

We haven't tested SS very much with Safari 4, although a number of us are using it as our primary browser, so if we run into issues we'll quite likely see some fixes come out in 2.3.1.

In the meantime, if you can figure out a way of reproducing the error condition you describe, please post a bug ticket to http://open.silverstripe.com

Bruce B

4 March 2009 at 5:55pm

I can't reliably reproduce the problem of TinyMCE going away and locking the admin screen but it does seem that an option-reload fixes it. So I guess we re looking at some strange caching problem.