Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

redirecting to /Security/login...

4 Posts   3440 Views

plagil

Community Member, 5 Posts

17 March 2009 at 7:03am

Edited: 17/03/2009 7:03am

Hi

After i changed my existing gallery folder to a svn Version of gallery i ran /dev/build and got redirected to the login. So i copied back my old gallery folder and again ran /dev/build and got redirected again. Any ideas how this can be fixed ?

lancer

57 Posts

26 March 2009 at 7:53pm

What happens if you login?

Also, what hostname were you using? If you were using localhost, SStripe should be in dev mode an allow you to run /dev/build. If not SStripe asks for your credentials.

You can also force SStripe to go into dev mode by adding

Director::set_environment_type("dev");

Type mysite/_config.php

marblegravy

Community Member, 19 Posts

7 May 2010 at 1:07am

Thanks Lancer - that was all that was needed.

I'm guessing with dev mode on it automatically allows dev/build to go ahead even if you aren't logged in?

What myself and plagil were getting is an error that couldn;t be rendered because there was something that needed the dev/build to fix. But we couldn't do it because we weren't logged on. right?

tricomix

Community Member, 1 Post

16 August 2010 at 9:42pm

Hi,

I've had the very same problem. Couldn't login because that wouldn't work until dev/build had been run, but couln't run dev/build because I wasn't logged in. Then I found the "force dev mode" option somewhere. That's okay for development and testing, but what shall I do in a production environment? I don't want to go into development mode there, but I can't login to run dev/build. There must be a plan or at least a best practice for this.

Is there any way to let silverstripe just generate but not execute the database update script and run it in phpMyAdmin manually? So I wouldn't need to run dev/build.

Alternatively, is there any way to get a working login screen even if the database has not been updated yet? So I could run dev/build without using dev mode.