Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Upload file fails in 2.2.4

3 Posts   2563 Views

keeny

Community Member, 48 Posts

20 April 2009 at 1:56pm

We recently upgraded all our 2.2 sites to 2.2.4 for security reasons.

As a result uploading a file through the cms now fails with the following error:

FATAL ERROR: Folder::addUploadToFolder() File is not a valid upload

All our sites on the same server that are 2.3.1 work fine. I tracked the problem down to line 216 in 'sapphire/filesystem/Folder.php' and commented out the following code:

if(isset($tmpFile['tmp_name']) && !is_uploaded_file($tmpFile['tmp_name'])) {
         user_error("Folder::addUploadToFolder() File is not a valid upload", E_USER_ERROR);
         return false;
      }

Now the uploads work. BUT what is the consequence of commenting this out? This is a security release, so has this code been added for any security reason?

I'd really appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Barry.

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

2 May 2009 at 12:30pm

Hi Keeny

I wasn't aware there was a 2.2.4...? I thought 2.2.3 was the last 2.2 release?

Anyway I have had this problem when trying to upload files larger than my PHP memory limit, do you get this behavior with small files too (<2MB)?

keeny

Community Member, 48 Posts

2 May 2009 at 3:41pm

Hiya Aram,

2.2.4 is a security release - you should upgrade if you are running 2.2.x sites. [url]http://www.silverstripe.org/security-releases/[/url]

Yes, we get this behaviour even with small files. Once the offending code is commented out, uploads work fine. But I don't know what the impact of that is!

Cheers,

Barry.