Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Admin section not working in Firefox after upgrade

Go to End

5 Posts   2780 Views

jester12345

Community Member, 8 Posts

10 May 2009 at 10:53am

I recently upgraded from 2.2.3 to 2.3.1 and I've got a weird problem. The admin section works fine in Safari (on Mac), but not in Firefox (3.0.10, same computer). I've cleared the cache, restarted, flushed the server cache, and even changed the "browser.cache.check_doc_frequency" Firefox setting so it will get a new version every time, and still it's not working.

The issue is when you click a page to edit it, the AJAX fires off and downloads the new editor window, but it never actually loads the content. The "loading" spinner just loads forever. If I reload the page, the page I clicked on loads up (I believe a cookie is dropped). So, it's like it's working... almost. I can use Firebug to look at the result returned from the server and it appears to be there.

Any ideas? A couple of other posts sound similar, but they were related to language settings or updating a file manager. I doubt that's the problem here as it works in one browser but not another.

Thanks in advance!

alirobe

Community Member, 35 Posts

10 May 2009 at 10:31pm

Edited: 10/05/2009 10:31pm

Have you tried loading Firefox in Safe Mode? That will help root out any extensions that might be causing the problem.

jester12345

11 May 2009 at 2:30pm

Good suggestion!

I just tried it, and am getting the same result.

I dug out my laptop running Linux, and Firefox is doing the same thing. The common denominator seems to be that I updated the Mac and my laptop to run Firefox 3.0.10 recently. I wonder if there is a bug related to that in one of the JS libraries that SilverStripe uses...?

The fact that I upgraded SilverStripe recently could just be a red herring.

alirobe

Community Member, 35 Posts

11 May 2009 at 6:11pm

Edited: 11/05/2009 6:13pm

I've upgraded from 2.2.3 to 2.3.1 and it works fine with Firefox 3.0.10 on my install. Could it be related to some specific configuration you've done? Also, have you tried deleting the contents of the silverstripe-cache folder?

jester12345

12 May 2009 at 1:31am

We also use SilverStripe at work (although we only just got started, so there was no upgrade involved), and FF 3.0.10 works fine here. So, there must be something wonky with the other setup.

I had not tried deleting the cache files directly as I thought that's what ?flush=all did. I just went in and deleted it manually, and I still get the same result.

Actually, we're having another issue with our web host as well. It's possible this is related. I'll wait until they fix that before worrying about this problem any more.

Thanks for your suggestions!