Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Upgrading SilverStripe

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Admin area errors after upgrade to v. 2.3.3 (from 2.3.1)


Go to End
Reply

12 Posts   2653 Views

Avatar
TCJeter

6 August 2009 at 5:19pm Community Member, 17 Posts

Hi all,

I've seen similar posts, but no definitive solution. I just upgraded using the upgrade guide and now when I go to sign in it simply tells me...

"Website Error
There has been an error

The website server has not been able to respond to your request."

...any resolution to this so far? Did I miss something? Is it something I can resolve quickly and easily?

Thanks in advance,
-TC

Avatar
Bruce B

6 August 2009 at 5:30pm Community Member, 145 Posts

In your _config.php file, add the web site URL to the dev server array. enter:
http://yourwebsite.com/dev/build/?flush=1

You should now get a better error message.

Don't forget to remove the site URL from the dev list so your users don't see these error messages next time something goes wrong.

Avatar
TCJeter

7 August 2009 at 3:41am Community Member, 17 Posts

bruceb,

Thanks - did all of that, but to no avail. The administrative error is exactly the same. Here are the steps I performed:

- Modify _config.php (I'm assuming /mysite/_config.php) to add domain to the 'set_dev_servers' array.
- Go back to browser and execute http://yourwebsite.com/dev/build/?flush=1
- Revisit the admin area; note on this: I can get to the sign-in page, but after entering my credentials it simply gives the error.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
-TC

Attached Files
Avatar
Bruce B

7 August 2009 at 2:29pm Community Member, 145 Posts

Have a look at this page for more debugging options:
http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=urlvariabletools

I suspect that adding ?isDev=1 is the right way to switch your live site to dev mode but that may not work in your case

Avatar
mightyStrugglr

19 August 2009 at 10:29am Community Member, 9 Posts

bruceb, did you get anywhere with this? I just tried to upgrade a test site from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3 , and now the site is stuck in an infinite redirect loop.

Avatar
Bruce B

19 August 2009 at 12:33pm Community Member, 145 Posts

When is it looping? are you able to get your home page up after doing a /dev/build/?flush=1 ?
The only recent issue with pages never loading was due to a Mollom problem that was fixed in the latest Mollom trunk.

Avatar
TCJeter

19 August 2009 at 1:17pm Community Member, 17 Posts

I was able to resolve my issue by re-applying the upgrade (delete core folders and unpack the tarball...again). Apparently the original attempt was fudged along the way somewhere. It's functional now, but it just took more than two tries.

Thanks for the input.
-TC

Avatar
mightyStrugglr

28 August 2009 at 10:49am (Last edited: 28 August 2009 10:50am), Community Member, 9 Posts

I ended up wiping the site and starting over. It may have been that the files were in an inconsistent state, and I had no obvious way to get to the bottom of it.

Go to Top