Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Widgets /

Discuss SilverStripe Widgets.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar Widget

Go to End

13 Posts   12231 Views

devnull

Community Member, 7 Posts

18 September 2009 at 10:09pm

question ... is this compatible with 2.3.3 ... this doesn't do anything for me.

devnull

Community Member, 7 Posts

19 September 2009 at 6:08pm

Edited: 19/09/2009 6:09pm

Tessory, sorry for the short reply. It was getting late for me.
I wanted to look into this more before i posted anything to make sure it wasn't something i was mistaking though. It seems I can't pick this in the widgetarea in the cms for any page.
I noticed a trend in widgets that don't work for me. all the widgets that don't work use the functions to return static $title and $description. The widgets that work use a declaration of static $title = '' instead of function calls. also there are no "_t()" calls in the ones that work.

Thank you for any help, I hope I am not just missing something here.

-devnull

Pipifix

Community Member, 56 Posts

22 April 2010 at 5:28am

It seems the widget(1.3) doesn't work in 2.4Rc1. No rendering in the sidebar. Backend works fine. Any tips?

Thanks Pipifix

Jstein

Community Member, 2 Posts

20 May 2010 at 1:13am

On my site, I think I'm getting the request failed non-live version of the widget. How do I trouble shoot to find out if the request has failed and how to fix it? The widget has all dates selectable, not just the dates with events.

Thank you,
Jay

Lavan

7 October 2010 at 9:32am

Hey Pipipix

We have finally got this widget to work. Not sure if this is the right way to go about it, but it made it work for us (with out having to hard code it into the page).

In the EventCalendarWidget.php we first changed the "class EventCalendarWidget_Controller extends Controller" to be "class EventCalendarWidget_Controller extends Widget_Controller" .

Then moved the
public function Content()
{
}
down in to the Widget_Controller. I think that alternativly you could just put an Initi fuction in the widget_Controller that calls this function.

Now the eventcalendar widget shows up in my side bar.

Hope that helps...
L

pbolger

Community Member, 22 Posts

12 October 2010 at 2:45pm

Edited: 12/10/2010 10:31pm

I'm running 2.4.1 and have widgetEventCalendar-1.3, from this thread. The calendar shows in the front end without modification now, but with problems:

1: The calendar is displayed twice... Commenting this line "return parent::Content();" in EventCalendarWidget.php seems to fix this.

2: All the calendar links go to 404. (http://mydomain.com/undefined2010-10-10)

3: The Widget loads Jquery v1.3.2 - which means in my installation I have two Jquery libraries loaded at the same time. I'm not sure if this affects performance, but it seems crazy to be loading pretty well the same library twice.

ldf

Community Member, 3 Posts

17 October 2010 at 9:32pm

Hi,
i have the same Problem as you. I see the Widget in the Sidebar twice, the links go to 404.... did you find any solution to this?

Lavan

2 November 2010 at 3:15pm

Edited: 02/11/2010 3:33pm

Kia Ora,

Sorry I have only just checked this forum again. Yes we found a slight fix for the 404 issue. In the EventCalendarWidget.js file, about line 22 I added in a bit more code. I noticed that when I was on the Calendar page and clicked on a date my address became something like "http://localhost/websitename/calendar/view/2010-11-09 " , but the event calendar widget wanted to go somewhere else.

So i added in the "view/" to my line (22?). This is what it now reads. location.href = this.options.calendar+'view/' + dateText; // <-- added in the 'view/' here..

Again not sure if this is the right way to do (not too much of a coder myself). But it seemed to work.

Also pbolger: The javascript stuff loading twice. I think the orginal EventCalendarWidget.php said "Requirements::javascript('widget_EventCalendar/javascript/jquery-1.3.2.min.js');" at about line 95. I changed this, so mine read "Requirements::javascript('sapphire/thirdparty/jquery/jquery.js');" This means that it reads the main sapphire jquery, and it wont try to load the script twice. Mine still requires other javascipt as well, as I have rolled a custom theme for it.

Hope that kinda helps.

:) L

Go to Top