382 Posts in 209 Topics by 196 members
Page: 1 2
|Go to End||Next >|
2 March 2009 at 11:42am
I have created a silverstripe website that requires a member log-in and the CMS pages contain links to pdf reports. The login members don't want public access to these reports however active links to the pdf's are appearing on Google searches with the link routed through the uploads file. These pdf's open when clicked on via the Google links. How can I make sure these links don't appear in Google searches?
They may have been indexed by Google before the pages were made secure. If I rename the pdf's and replace those that are appearing in Google searches, will this stop them appearing in Google searches?
4 March 2009 at 4:39pm
Note that there is a much improved version here: http://silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/254835#post254835
I've updated the modules page, but it's awaiting approval.
4 March 2009 at 10:02pm Last edited: 4 March 2009 10:05pm
Thanks for the reply, Im running version 1.1 and it looks like that module needs 2.3
Is there any similar module that will work with Version 1.1?
5 March 2009 at 8:39am
SilverStripe 1.1? Oh wow, I've never worked with anything below 2.2.
5 March 2009 at 8:43am
Oh sorry i got confused when i went into help it said version 1.1 at the bottom but turns out thats the help version, ops.
its actually version 2.2.2
5 March 2009 at 8:57am
Oh right! Phew, I was googling around to see if I could even find a 1.1 distribution, just out of curiosity.
I haven't tested it with 2.2.2, but the only thing I can think of that will cause issues at this stage is the 'onAfterWrite' function in SecureFileDecorator class.
You could change this to 'onBeforeWrite', but you might have to be careful catching incorrectly saved folders. Worth a try anyway.
5 March 2009 at 9:18am
The betas of SilverStripe 2.0 were the first open-source releases of SilverStripe. SilverStripe 1.x was never open-sourced, and frankly, I'd be a bit embarrassed to!
SilverStripe 2.0 was a complete rewrite that let us correct the (many) architectural mistakes of SilverStripe 1.x. SilverStripe 1.x had evolved over a number of years from a simple content editor into an application framework and, like any application developed using the "ball of sticky plasters" software development lifecycle (BOSPSDL), was plagued by legacy constraints and architectural patterns that stopped being appropriate.
Page: 1 2
|Go to Top||Next >|