7913 Posts in 1355 Topics by 930 members
|Go to End||Next >|
1 April 2009 at 1:10pm
Hi Dyamite, you would probably be best starting with the Image Gallery module UncleCheese has written to go on top of the DataObjectManager module.
1 April 2009 at 2:07pm Last edited: 1 April 2009 2:07pm
Perfect, that does help! Also, in case anyone else is looking for basic info on images in templates/resizing, I also found the following link very helpful as well: http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=imageupload
2 April 2009 at 7:07am
I was hoping someone could help me figure out the little problem i have with the DataObjectManager Module.
The problem is this: whenever i use the DataObjectManager, it displays the data but without any styling( css and js) in browser. I installed it following the instructions in the doc. Am using a Mac OS X 10.5. Tested it with ff3 and safari and still get the same result.
Pls check out the attached image.
Any tips will be definitely appreciated.
Great Work Uncle Cheese!.
2 April 2009 at 7:11am
Try changing line 54 of DataObjectManager.php
Maybe you've got some funky pathing going on? One thing you could try:
2 April 2009 at 11:15pm
I had a bit of a problem tonight when showing the client the site - in all of the popups a generic "page cannot be found" page was shown (see attached). They were using IE7 on Vista, another two people also using IE7 got the same error however it works for me in FF, Safari and even when I tested in IE7. What do you think could be causing the error? I am meant to be meeting again with them tomorrow night so I am hoping to work it out tomorrow - any nudges in the right direction/patches would be awesome
3 April 2009 at 2:40am
Thanks! for a point in a right direction, the problem was the name of the module folder. Once i renamed it to dataobject_manager, it now displays as it should. Silly error on my path.
Two new issues have raised there ugly heads; one with ManyManyDataObjectManager and the other is a general CTF question.
Whenever i use the ManyManyDataObjectManager, it does not display the title of the object, but instead it shows "#1"(which is the id of the object). But when i use ManyManyCTF it displays the title as it should.
The other question is; how can i limit the objects shown to only the objects associated with the page, currently it shows everything then adds a check mark to the object if it is associated with the page. Can't use filter cause the field am trying to filter is in the bridge table. I am guessing i will have to use a join clause, but still not sure of how to go about it.
This questions are open to anyone who can help!
3 April 2009 at 2:25pm
Hi there, just more info of the bug reported a post above. I have tried on another OSX system, the popup worked as expected in Safari and in Firefox the popup appeared but only contained the statement "I can't handle sub-URLs of a CMSMain object."
3 April 2009 at 3:11pm
@ howardgrigg, I had this same issue and can't for the life of me remember what was causing it. I ended up fixing it though, it was something I was doing wrong in the code. I'll do my best to remember what it was. Good luck!
|Go to Top||Next >|