7935 Posts in 1536 Topics by 943 members
|Go to End||Next >|
28 February 2009 at 3:49am
Thank you UncleCheese!
This module has properly saved me a tonne of hassle I feel all warm and fuzzy about open source today!
And for anyone else I also found that $Attachment.Extension returns the file extension - huzzah!
28 February 2009 at 10:16am
Excellent! Nice find. Probably worth submitting that as a bug with ComplexTableField, too.
28 February 2009 at 10:23am
I believe something like $this->has_many('FieldName') will return the class of the object.
28 February 2009 at 11:43am
Lots of new stuff over the last few days. Make sure you do an SVN update.
- DataObjectManager (and all descendants): supports live page sizing (good idea, Aram!)
- DataObjectManager (and all descendants): added "refresh" link to filter field, for options that are dynamically added on the same page (e.g. ImageGallery albums)
- DataObjectManager (and all descendants): added translation tags
- FileDataObjectManager: added method setUploadLimit() to set allowed number of files in queue. Default is 20.
- FileDataObjectManager: added method allowUploadFolderSelection() to give the user a choice of the file destination in the upload form.
- FileDataObjectManager: fixed bug that was causing sort to fail in multiple instances
- FileDataObjectManager: No more mystery folders showing up in Import dropdown. Syncs the database with the filesystem on instantiation.
- Add "remove sorting" link
- ImageGallery : Add "done captioning" button
- ImageGallery: Add links to next/previous items for cross-page Lightbox navigation.
Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. Keep the testing going, and hopefully we can get this rolled into the SS core. I'll be pushing it into the SS modules section once I get the docs up.
2 March 2009 at 9:26am
UncleCheese, I'm kind of embarrassed that this thread has slipped under my radar for 3 weeks! I've looked at your demo video and this looks fantastic.
I'm definitely going to spend some time looking under the hood of this. From a user-interface perspective, it certainly looks like it would fit well into the Files & Images section, as well as ModelAdmin.
One thing that we are looking at doing with ModelAdmin is allowing the creation of alternative FormScaffolder subclasses, which means that you could configure the dataobjectmanager module to create these fields instead of CTFs in ModelAdmins and other scaffolded admin panels.
2 March 2009 at 1:57pm
Great to finally hear feedback from a developer. No need to be embarrassed -- I know you guys probably don't get much time to peruse the forums.
I love the idea of integrating this module into Files and Images and Model Admin, but I also think it's deserving of a place in the Site Content section once it's stable. My goal was to pick up where CTF leaves off and make DataObject relationships at the Page level a lot easier and more intuitive to manage.
Enjoy your look under the hood, and let me know if you have any questions. Can't say I expect you'll be terribly impressed, but phpDoc and wiki documentation are in the works.
3 March 2009 at 2:01am
I know this is an old problem and doesn't have anything to do with your code, but did you by any chance figure out a way to integrate a TreeDropDownField in the Complex-Table_Field or DB object Manager 'popup' ?
I can't seem to get it to work.
Any other way of selecting a page from the site-tree is of course also welcome.... ;-)
3 March 2009 at 3:25am
I do have a solution for that called SimpleTreeDropdownField. I thought I bundled it with the code, but it looks like I overlooked it. I'll add it in as soon as I can.
|Go to Top||Next >|