7956 Posts in 1394 Topics by 945 members
|Go to End||Next >|
28 February 2009 at 9:12am
UncleCheese, the source of my earlier problem is that the auto-detection of the manager's parent class does no longer work when it's used in subclasses. A setParentClass('BaseClassName') fixes this.
28 February 2009 at 10:16am
Excellent! Nice find. Probably worth submitting that as a bug with ComplexTableField, too.
28 February 2009 at 10:20am Last edited: 28 February 2009 10:21am
I am not sure how to circumvent this, though. Is it possible to find out which table the relation-defining field belongs too? If yes, and I'm gonna take a look now, this would be the way to find the correct parent class.
Oh, and if you would like to file a bug/enhancement ticket here, feel free. I probably won't find the time to do it.
28 February 2009 at 10:23am
I believe something like $this->has_many('FieldName') will return the class of the object.
28 February 2009 at 11:43am
Lots of new stuff over the last few days. Make sure you do an SVN update.
- DataObjectManager (and all descendants): supports live page sizing (good idea, Aram!)
- DataObjectManager (and all descendants): added "refresh" link to filter field, for options that are dynamically added on the same page (e.g. ImageGallery albums)
- DataObjectManager (and all descendants): added translation tags
- FileDataObjectManager: added method setUploadLimit() to set allowed number of files in queue. Default is 20.
- FileDataObjectManager: added method allowUploadFolderSelection() to give the user a choice of the file destination in the upload form.
- FileDataObjectManager: fixed bug that was causing sort to fail in multiple instances
- FileDataObjectManager: No more mystery folders showing up in Import dropdown. Syncs the database with the filesystem on instantiation.
- Add "remove sorting" link
- ImageGallery : Add "done captioning" button
- ImageGallery: Add links to next/previous items for cross-page Lightbox navigation.
Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. Keep the testing going, and hopefully we can get this rolled into the SS core. I'll be pushing it into the SS modules section once I get the docs up.
28 February 2009 at 11:51am
Thank you for the much more wonderful work, UncleCheese! For me, this was really the single most missing feature of SS. Now if only I was able to set file types for ImageDataObjectManage as well...
(I see the problem, but if I set the file types to something bad like .flv, let me bear the consequences of distorted preview icons )
2 March 2009 at 9:26am
UncleCheese, I'm kind of embarrassed that this thread has slipped under my radar for 3 weeks! I've looked at your demo video and this looks fantastic.
I'm definitely going to spend some time looking under the hood of this. From a user-interface perspective, it certainly looks like it would fit well into the Files & Images section, as well as ModelAdmin.
One thing that we are looking at doing with ModelAdmin is allowing the creation of alternative FormScaffolder subclasses, which means that you could configure the dataobjectmanager module to create these fields instead of CTFs in ModelAdmins and other scaffolded admin panels.
2 March 2009 at 1:57pm
Great to finally hear feedback from a developer. No need to be embarrassed -- I know you guys probably don't get much time to peruse the forums.
I love the idea of integrating this module into Files and Images and Model Admin, but I also think it's deserving of a place in the Site Content section once it's stable. My goal was to pick up where CTF leaves off and make DataObject relationships at the Page level a lot easier and more intuitive to manage.
Enjoy your look under the hood, and let me know if you have any questions. Can't say I expect you'll be terribly impressed, but phpDoc and wiki documentation are in the works.
|Go to Top||Next >|