7938 Posts in 1466 Topics by 943 members
|Go to End||Next >|
18 February 2010 at 3:41am
I didn't know that Translatable worked with DataObjects. Can you confirm that it works as expected with a CTF?
18 February 2010 at 5:46am Last edited: 18 February 2010 5:46am
I am not sure if this is what you mean, but I have downloaded the code used in tutorial 5 (Student, Mentor, Module relationship) and got it to work in my multilingual site - more or less.
Students and project pages:
- Works. The only thing is that you need to reselect the student name and the projects this student is involved with, but the projects and students are there in the translated pages.
- If you have assigned a student to a mentor, you can not select the same student in the translated page. in the translated page the student names are then grayed out. But if you deselect the student in the page with the original language, you can select the student in the translated page.
- when you go to a mentor page in the original language and you select a student in the students tab you can have a look at the students name when you click on it (you can not edit it). BUT: if you go to the translated page and then click on the students name you get the error 'I can't handle sub-URLs of a CMSMain object.' And the tablefield disappears.
I have done it with and without DOM installed, just in case DOM adds extra functionality
EDIT: if you have other examples you want me to try ...
18 February 2010 at 6:19am
Try it with ComplexTableFields?
18 February 2010 at 7:35am Last edited: 18 February 2010 7:38am
Gave it a quick spin (changed a DataObjectManager to a CTF) but got the error 'I can't handle sub-URLs of a CMSMain object' on pages that are not the original language.
I used the the patch for CMSmain given here (submitted here) and then it worked - I changed the CTF back to DataObjectManager and now it works like a charm, no errors and all the entries stay in their own language.
hmmm, the bad thing is I noticed the code in CMSmain for silverstripe 2.4 is the same as in 2.3.5...
And yeah sorry for the confusion with the many flavors of CTF's
18 February 2010 at 7:50am
Yikes. That's not good. I'll ask Ingo about it.
23 February 2010 at 1:34am
Using the stable version of DOM (1.0), we encountered a weird problem. By going directly to the page in the CMS, ie domain.com/admin/show/9, and then clicking the edit button for an item, the lightbox shows the 404 page for the main site.
1. Loads gallery page: http://www.betterbrief.co.uk/clips/clip_1060.png . Note that although we're on the gallery page, the LHS menu hasn't highlighted it as the page we're on
2. Click the pencil/edit button for DOM and the lightbox loads with a 404 page: http://www.betterbrief.co.uk/clips/clip_33877.png
We can fix this by clicking on the LHS menu item (for the page we're on) to reload the RHS and then it works. This may be because the session wasn't properly instantiated when we went to domain.com/admin/show/9.
Now works: http://www.betterbrief.co.uk/clips/clip_60088.png
Note the side menu is showing we're on the gallery page too.
This is present across major browsers (IE8, FF and Opera, at least) and we're running SilverStripe 2.3.6. It's also present on different DOM instances so it's not anything particular to my setup.
This may be an issue with SS as well as DOM but I can't replicate it anywhere other than with DOM.
23 February 2010 at 2:46am
Yeah, it's a bug in CMSMain. There's a patch floating around here somewhere that I have used with some success.
23 February 2010 at 2:47am
Ah, cheers. Very frustrating!
|Go to Top||Next >|