7913 Posts in 1355 Topics by 930 members
|Go to End||Next >|
12 February 2010 at 12:16pm
Should be fixed in the latest rev, just checked in today. Sorry about that.
13 February 2010 at 12:51pm
18 February 2010 at 2:10am
What is the status on DOM + Translatable? I could only find discussions on this topic that date several months back, but no real solution is given.
Whenever I try to create a set of links or a combination of text/images with DataObjectManager or upload documents with FileDataObjectManager I run into the same problem with both: Adding entries to the main language is no problem, but when I add entries to one of the other languages two things happen->
- When I add an entry in the CMS, all the entries in all the languages appear in the overview after saving and closing the popup
- And on the website the main language shows all the entries in all the languages but on the pages of the other languages nothing is is shown
Am running 2.3.5 and tried the newest stable release and the one from the trunk (where the error 'I can't handle sub-URLs of a CMSMain object.' appears )
18 February 2010 at 3:41am
I didn't know that Translatable worked with DataObjects. Can you confirm that it works as expected with a CTF?
18 February 2010 at 5:46am Last edited: 18 February 2010 5:46am
I am not sure if this is what you mean, but I have downloaded the code used in tutorial 5 (Student, Mentor, Module relationship) and got it to work in my multilingual site - more or less.
Students and project pages:
- Works. The only thing is that you need to reselect the student name and the projects this student is involved with, but the projects and students are there in the translated pages.
- If you have assigned a student to a mentor, you can not select the same student in the translated page. in the translated page the student names are then grayed out. But if you deselect the student in the page with the original language, you can select the student in the translated page.
- when you go to a mentor page in the original language and you select a student in the students tab you can have a look at the students name when you click on it (you can not edit it). BUT: if you go to the translated page and then click on the students name you get the error 'I can't handle sub-URLs of a CMSMain object.' And the tablefield disappears.
I have done it with and without DOM installed, just in case DOM adds extra functionality
EDIT: if you have other examples you want me to try ...
18 February 2010 at 6:19am
Try it with ComplexTableFields?
18 February 2010 at 7:35am Last edited: 18 February 2010 7:38am
Gave it a quick spin (changed a DataObjectManager to a CTF) but got the error 'I can't handle sub-URLs of a CMSMain object' on pages that are not the original language.
I used the the patch for CMSmain given here (submitted here) and then it worked - I changed the CTF back to DataObjectManager and now it works like a charm, no errors and all the entries stay in their own language.
hmmm, the bad thing is I noticed the code in CMSmain for silverstripe 2.4 is the same as in 2.3.5...
And yeah sorry for the confusion with the many flavors of CTF's
18 February 2010 at 7:50am
Yikes. That's not good. I'll ask Ingo about it.
|Go to Top||Next >|