2032 Posts in 558 Topics by 442 members
Page: 1 2
|Go to End||Next >|
5 April 2012 at 7:59pm
Hi Guys, I originally posted this in the General section but it is an eCommerce question so here we go
It is very hard if not impossible to find documentation explaining how to use the ProductBulkLoader for the CsvBulkLoader.
I have a few questions below and if anyone can answer them it would not only help me a great deal but also help many other amateurs like me who search for a solution to this problem.
1. What Folder do I upload the ProductBulkLoader.php too?
2. Once I do that do I flush the db??
3. Where then do I go in the CMS/Admin to use the uploader?
4. What format should the csv file be in, e.g. "Title", "ProductID", "Price";"This Item", "654", "5.99"
5. How do I write the csv file if there are 6 fields but I only want to initially populate 4? Do I have to put in blank values for the other two?
6. If I have added a field to the products e.g. "color" How do I add that into the ProductBulkLoader.php file?
7. If I upload image as "picture1.jpg" to a folder called "NewProducts" how do I write that in the csv?
8. Would it be possible to see an example of a CSV file that has been used for this purpose?
If these questions can be answered it would be a great start to getting some online instructions for how to use the ProductBulkLoader or the CsvBulkLoader for that matter.
Any and all help appreciated
6 April 2012 at 11:07pm Last edited: 6 April 2012 11:45pm
Nothing on this? Not even a quick answer for Q1 and Q3?
I've uploaded ProductBulkLoader.php to ecommerce/code/cms and flushed the db just in case. I can't see anything in admin about uploading csv. When I go to 'Store' i can download a product to CSV but not vice versa.
11 April 2012 at 11:29am
I'm going to assume you're using the ecommerce module, and let you know that the shop module has this capability.
The shop module documentation for bulk loading is found here: http://demo.ss-shop.org/docs/developer/en/BulkLoading
11 April 2012 at 9:43pm
Thanks for the response.
I am using the eCommerce module, to be honest I didn't even know about the shop module.
Unfortunately switching over to the shop module would be a large task as there are many customizations already made in the current eCommerce module.
Is the ProductBulkLoader specifically for the Shop module or should it work on the eCommerce module as well. Do I need to add a line to the config.php file?
11 April 2012 at 10:40pm Last edited: 11 April 2012 10:42pm
Looking at this file, it appears the bulk loader is part of the eCommerce module:
My guess is that you don't need to add any config. I recommend getting in contact with the maintainer of eCommerce if it isn't working for you.
Also, be aware that the shop module is just a fork of an earlier version of the ecommerce module, so your changes may not vary a great deal. I can't be sure though.
12 April 2012 at 12:07am
I'll have a play around with implementing the shop module and let you know how I get on.
21 April 2012 at 1:14am
I went with your first suggestion and installed the shop module. There is a fair bit of work involved with customizing it to what I had before but it will be worth it for the bulk upload capabilities. Thanks
Still no joy yet from my other post regarding filtering the products to show only featured items though
23 April 2012 at 10:06am
What kind of customisations have you made? Are they features that could be made into a submodule, or added to the core?
Page: 1 2
|Go to Top||Next >|