1955 Posts in 1234 Topics by 601 members
|Go to End|
30 April 2009 at 10:07pm Last edited: 30 April 2009 10:08pm
i updated to SilverStripe 2.3.1. und added the searchForm Script. But when i type in letters like "Ã¤", "Ã¶" and also "ÄŒ" and stuff like this - only works in Headlines ... the main text will not be searched.
Any ideas? Please would be very importand... it must have something to do with the chars allowed - but strangly headlines work (for example when i search for "AnkÃ¼ndigungen" it works... when i search for "HÃ¶hne" it does not...because "HÃ¶hne" appears only in the text)
8 May 2009 at 11:39pm
nobody an idea? ... it's pretty important...
11 May 2009 at 8:53pm
TinyMCE converts common unicode characters which can be represented in HTML entities, amongst them all umlauts. So when saving anything through TinyMCE to the database, you'll get "ä" instead of "Ã¤". There's a pretty simple patch if you want to mess with your installation: http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/3582 - this of course only works for newly saved (or re-saved) content, you'd have to run a search/replace through your existing records to clean up all HTML entities.
I'm not sure if this patch is fit for core, we'll discuss this for the 2.4 release at earliest. The alternative is basically using the same TinyMCE logic to transform search queries to HTML entities as well, which would be more backwards compatible.
11 May 2009 at 9:01pm
yeah thanks ingo... this actually solved my problem - I found this post myself few days ago. and had to republish all content pages. hope this will fixed in 2.4 - in the same way. (please include this patch, so i don't have to do i different again .. ;)
thank you for reply.
|Go to Top|