Forms, Newsletter, Blog modules released
To coincide with SilverStripe 2.3.0, the forms, newsletter, and blog modules have been released.
Details on each module are described below.
User Forms Module v0.1.0:
- Simply provides the sames features that used to be in the core SilverStripe package, but now as stand-alone code. See the final few minutes from our demo video to see this in action.
- Additional features are currently being worked towards for a future release.
- Go to the User Forms module page for screenshots, an overview, and to download.
Newsletter Module v0.1.1:
- Provides the sames features that used to be in the core SilverStripe package, but now as stand-alone code.
- Adds the ability to preview newsletter without needing to send a test email.
- Contains minor cosmetic user interface improvements.
- Instead of each newsletter "type" having its own hard-coded mailing list, you can choose a mailing list for each newsletter type from a drop-down list. The drop-down list is populated with the group names in the Security section of the CMS.
- Go to the Newsletter module for screenshots, an overview, and to download.
Blog Module v0.2.0
- Provides a moderate number of new features since last release.
- Uses rel-tag microformat.
- Trackback ping support.
- As the screenshot shows below, SilverStripe 2.3.0 now provides limited support for the HTMLEditorField on a public-facing page, instead of only using BB Code. (There are still some features to be added to make this complete in the blog module, such as Preview, the Image and Link inserter, Spell check, and Safari support. You can fall back to using the CMS interface for those.)
- Other minor features and bug fixes.
- See the Blog Module page for screenshots, an overview, and to download.