23372 Posts in 18175 Topics by 2865 members
|Go to End|
12 January 2010 at 12:36am
After releasing my site, PHPSESSIONID's appeared in my URL's. I removed them by adding the following lines in the php.ini file in my root:
session.use_only_cookies = 1
session.use_trans_sid = 0
Somehow that did the trick for normal browsers. Textbrowsers though (and Google!) still received the PHPSESSID in the url!
I tried a lot of things (lots and lots of tips on the net regarding .htaccess and php.ini) but finally found the answer (http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/removing-phpsessid-from-an-url). The trick was adding the lines to my config.php file, being the file _config.php in de mysite directory:
No more PHPSESSID! Next step cleaning my listings in Google...
If you're struggling like I was, now you can find the answer on the forum.
26 February 2010 at 7:43pm
Thank you so much for posting your solution for removing PHPSESSID in the links!
|Go to Top|