23377 Posts in 18296 Topics by 2867 members
|Go to End|
15 November 2010 at 4:06pm
I've got a complex question for ya (well complex to me)
In the process of rebuilding an old site, and taking advantage of all the cool new features within SS.
The client has been entering links to other pages on the site in the content area. And I see one link appearing as kiwiway.info/[sitetree_link id=765]
I noted this in the blog when nested urls become available. Through this method the page slug/url can update and not break the links (very cool).
Does anyone know why is this one is not rendering? You can view it on the demo site here http://kiwiway.info/packages/package-touring/new-zealand-north-island-packages/northern-escape-5-days/ And it's on the little gray button labeled accommodation choices.
15 November 2010 at 10:07pm
These aren't bbcode passages these are 2.4's new shortcodes. SS will rewrite the shortcodes based on the function and name of the code - in this case a function called sitetree_link which creates the link.
The template should by default run shortcodes on $Content, are you doing anything custom with that page which would affect it (Such as overloading the Content() function)?
17 November 2010 at 2:14pm
Thanks for your reply Willr.
I didn't know how to refer to the new short link codes, so I just called them bbcode links
Na, I'm not doing anything custom with that page content. The other links on that page (also placed in the content) are displaying fine. It's strange, maybe its malformed. A week or two ago there was one page that the client had managed to get over 10,000 lines of jibberish into (mostly non breakable spaces and line breaks). There maybe be a plugin on their browser interfering with the code.
17 November 2010 at 6:17pm
I don't think it would be their browser. You could also try redoing the link or republishing the page and see what happens.
27 November 2010 at 9:48pm
A quick note, the user got in there and reentered the link. All is pearly
|Go to Top|