22855 Posts in 9971 Topics by 2805 members
|Go to End|
17 November 2011 at 7:48am
I need advice on it SilverStripe is a good CMS choice for my project. I have never used a open source CMS before so I'm looking for any advice or suggestions.
My main requirements include:
1. Ability to have pages/sections only accessible to register users
2. Ability to pay for a subscription
3. Ability to make comments on pages
4. Easily update links and content
5. House hundreds of downloadable documents
6. Video integration
17 November 2011 at 10:29am
Silverstripe will do most of what you are asking out of the box so to speak. There are plenty of modules to help extend silverstripe. Example payments / e-commerce module. Check out the docs (docs.silverstripe.org), ssbits.com for tutorials and forums for help.
In my view silverstipe is a great choice.
18 November 2011 at 4:45am
Silverstripe is allways "no wrong choise"
1) Definitly possible for each page or section
2) Possible with payment modules, but some coding required
3) Possible with own comment system for pages, but I prefere disqus
4) No problem, great and easy to use backend
5) House it, see dataobjectmanager or filedataobjectmanager module
6) Possible of course, you can create your own VideoPage content type
|Go to Top|