22850 Posts in 9862 Topics by 2803 members
|Go to End|
26 March 2012 at 8:20am
Im new to this type of site creation as my past experience was all done with html and css which i would upload to a server and boom, it would work. Im a little confused with how to get my site online now that im using a CMS. I've created my site under the localhost directory. How do i now migrate what i have to an online server?
The domain i was planning on using is http://www.names.co.uk/, is this domain capable of hosting the cms?
My appologies for my lack of knowledge in this area, any help that can be provided is greatly appreciated.
26 March 2012 at 11:49am
Migrating sites is a fairly easy process once you've done it once or twice:
1) Zip or Tarball your website folder
2) Backup your MySQL database from your localhost
3) FTP it up to your server
4) Extract in public_html directory
5) edit .htaccess
Find and delete the RewriteBase line:
6) Create a new MySQL database on your webserver
7) edit mysite/_config.php to reflect these database changes in the database config
8) Upload the database to your webserver's phpMyAdmin
9) run www.mysite.com/dev/build?flush=1
Should be done.
|Go to Top|