22427 Posts in 6976 Topics by 2750 members
General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.
|Go to End|
14 December 2012 at 6:37am Last edited: 14 December 2012 6:39am
Im strugling, i want to create a set of images with a title and description , for instance on my blog entry's.
- It should be easy/ quick
- users must be able to choose images from the assets folder
- multiple image selection
- Add title/descriptions to them
- sortable order using drag & drop
it used to work quite easy, i would select all my images in the dataobjectmanager, e.g. 4 images.. and a popup would appear, and I would enter the title/description for al of them. Save.. done..
I have tried the bulkUpload way with a dataobject (BlogImages)
$gridFieldConfig = GridFieldConfig_RecordEditor::create()
$gridField = new GridField(
- but then i have the downside of a dataobject that i have to save first before i can upload an image, this is not easy, confusing for clients
- also i dont like the fact the editing opens in a new (almost full screen) window, a pop-up would be good enough. Now i have to return to my page using the breadcrumbs..
What is best practice?
also tried uploadfield and sortableUploadField, but cant add dataobjects (for the description) to them(?)
|Go to Top|