558 Posts in 3573 Topics by 244 members
|Go to End|
3 July 2010 at 2:45am
We installed Silverstripe for several clients, hosted on our trusted company, without issues. Now, one of our clients is hosted elsewhere. While the installation works, the site is responding very slowly (3 to 5 seconds before the page starts downloading.. but at least, once started download seems quite fast): you can check it on www.lamagnolia.com.
Don't really think is a solvable issue (probably just an overloaded or outdated server), but maybe some of you are aware of some settings-wise solution (you can check server phpinfo here: http://www.lamagnolia.com/test.php). Any suggestion is welcome!
Thanks for your help on this,
6 July 2010 at 9:09am
Best to ensure the assets folder has the permissions set to 777. Also might be worthwhile setting up the silverstripe-cache folder under the directory silverstripe is installed.
Failing that you can peruse these 2 invaluable links.
7 July 2010 at 2:27am
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Will check them out. At the moment it seems like the host has already done something on his side (don't really know what, though), as the site is now responding quite faster. Still not optimal, but usable nonetheless. Will keep posted if i find any "final solution"
26 October 2010 at 1:26pm
Having FastCGI helps. Your host probably added it.
|Go to Top|