534 Posts in 362 Topics by 229 members
|Go to End|
28 November 2010 at 11:08pm Last edited: 8 January 2013 8:37am
I've come up with a tool to help check server configuration prior to installing SilverStripe.
It's a simple PHP scripts which checks the server it's running on.
At the moment, it will only check PHP configuration and Apache/IIS rewrite support. It also doesn't provide any recommendations for checks that fail.
On the to-do list:
* Different checks for dev/prod environments, e.g. display_errors = Off in php.ini for production environments
* Database checks (mostly same as what the SilverStripe installer already does)
* Recommendations for failed assertions, with tips on how to fix them
I've used it as a playground to test different ways of detecting things like URL rewriting. If checks turn out to work effectively in this tool, they will eventually make their way back into the SilverStripe installer.
Some things it checks that the SilverStripe installer does not:
* date.timezone set and valid
* additional php configuration options that are deprecated or not recommend to be enabled
* set_include_path() allows setting additional paths
* high level URL rewriting check, instead of checking PHP configuration variables it actually performs a real test with test rules (.htaccess and web.config for Apache and IIS respectively)
You can find and download the checker on github here: https://github.com/halkyon/silverstripe-reqchecker
Feel free to test and provide any feedback. If you're keen, fork it on github and change things.
8 January 2013 at 1:28am
Unfortunately, the link to github is broken.
8 January 2013 at 8:37am
Sorry, link fixed ;-)
|Go to Top|