4848 Posts in 5039 Topics by 1458 members
Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.
|Go to End|
26 February 2010 at 5:32am
I desperately need some help here..
I install SS without any trouble, but when I try to get into the admin I got an error:
Here is the error in the log:
PHP Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /var/www/vhosts/ .. /httpdocs/sapphire/core/SSViewer.php on line 390
But in the browser I got this error: (Iâ€™m pretty sure itâ€™s not the true error but more something related to the hosting and the getTemplateContent in SSViewer.php.
I have also check the phpinfo and everything look fine, the magic quote seem fine.
magic_quotes_gpc On On
magic_quotes_runtime Off Off
magic_quotes_sybase Off Off
The site is running on PHP 5.2.12 and on the apache2 module.
Thanks for your help!
26 February 2010 at 1:38pm
This is a long shot, but i have only ever experienced that php error when there has been an incomplete upload of a file. Perhaps try re-uploading it?
26 February 2010 at 2:28pm
Thanks for your help but I figure out what was not working..
The server config was not right, the /tmp folder from (sys_get_temp_dir()) was not visible from the php code and was not writable.
And the hosting compagny was saying everything is fine.. but they turn off the php safe mode and then everything works!
so I can exactly tell what they did on their side but for sure it was related to the fact that the tmp folder was not writable.
7 March 2010 at 3:46pm
Just a follow up in case someone got a similar bug with 2.4
it was 2 bug
1- the hosting got some problem on their config with the plesk manager, it was managing the persmission of the tmp folder wrong.
so the /tmp folder was not writable by the webserver.
also safe mode was on.
2- I found a bug in my code, I got a db field enum but forgot an ' at the end of my string.
I feel so good now that I found the problem! hope it can help someone else!
3 April 2010 at 12:59am
Had the same Problem after I uploaded my Page to a hosting provider.
Problem was that "asp_tags" was turned on in the php.ini file.
|Go to Top|