4938 Posts in 16484 Topics by 1490 members
|Go to End|
30 April 2010 at 11:46pm Last edited: 30 April 2010 11:47pm
I try to move live SS website to new (empty) server. What I have done sofar:
1. Copy all files to new server and set 777 chmod to assets/ and silverstripe-cache/
2. Set MySql username and pass in _config
3. Run dev/build
4. Open homepage: site works fine
5. Export all tables from old MySql database to sql file (tables are latin1_swedish_ci) (using phpMyAdmin)
6. Drop all tables from new database
7. Import sql file (set character set to 'latin1') into new database (phpMyAdmin again)
8. Open homepage (?flush=1) => Empty page (no error message, no debug emails)
9. Can logon to admin but get blank error message on several pages
What can cause this problem? When I look at tables in both databases they appear to be exactly the same?!
Help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!
4 May 2010 at 12:26pm
display_errors = On in your php.ini file?
If this is set to Off, then you'll mostly only get blank pages when fatal errors occur.
4 May 2010 at 5:18pm
Thanks Sean. Eventually I worked my way through this issue. I found that there were some large images uploaded (3000px width) and on the new server those images needed to be rendered to the new dimensions (for use on the site) again. This caused the problem. First resizing those images locally solved my problem. I will use your feedback though for future problems, many thanks!
|Go to Top|