4938 Posts in 16484 Topics by 1490 members
|Go to End|
16 October 2010 at 1:36am
I think I must be overlooking something really simple, because I can't figure out why this isn't working. Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a functioning website in ver 2.3.8. I had some trouble upgrading to ver 2.4.2, so I just did a new installation of ver 2.4.2, and slowly brought over the elements/modules, or if they needed upgrading, installed the upgraded modules. When all was well, I imported the necessary data from the old database into the new, and the 2.4.2 site now looks just like the 2.3.8 site, but of course with all the cool 2.4.2 functionality hiding inside!
Now I'm trying to "roll over" the site, and the steps I was expecting to perform were:
1. Rename the old site folder from eastern to easternv238, then rename the new site folder from ss242 to eastern.
2. Rename the old site database from eastern to easternv238, then rename the new site database from ss242 to eastern.
3. Change the "ss242" site .htaccess file to read "RewriteBase /eastern" from "RewriteBase /ss242".
4. VHosts.conf does not need to be changed, as it already has the "eastern" reference for the virtual host.
5. Update the "ss242" _config.php to "database" => 'eastern' from "database"=> 'eastern'
I did all of these steps, but when I go to refresh the site, I get "object not found". I restarted mysql and apache, but apparently that wasn't necessary since it didn't resolve the error. Can anyone identify what else I need to do? I'd like to keep the site folder's and database's names as "eastern" - worse comes to worse I can change the virtual host file to look to the ss242 folder instead of the eastern folder, but I'd prefer not to.
16 October 2010 at 11:38am
Done the usual dev/build?flush=all ?
17 October 2010 at 10:33pm
Thank you for your reply. The isse was simpler than I knew. All I needed to do was update the vhost file, then RESTART the server. For some reason, restarting Apache alone wasn't clearing the cache. I love it when things wind up being simpler than I thought!
|Go to Top|