4938 Posts in 16484 Topics by 1490 members
|Go to End|
21 April 2012 at 3:48am Last edited: 21 April 2012 3:48am
I've tried to install SilverStripe 3 beta 2. The requirements of SilverStripe have been all OK. Unfortunately I have to use PHP 5.3.3.
As soon as I click install the process starts, but stucks at "Building database schema…".
I hope someone can help me and thank you in advance.
21 April 2012 at 6:01am
I've got the same problem.
But i have an error displayed:
PHP verison 5.4
21 April 2012 at 11:40am Last edited: 21 April 2012 11:40am
@Inventionate are you able to get an error message? If none is displayed, check your error logs.
@frei_schwimmer This will be fixed when the SilverStripe classes are namespaced. Until then, you can turn off the Transliterator class by adding:to your _config.php, and then run dev/build.
FileNameFilter::$default_use_transliterator = false;
URLSegmentFilter::$default_use_transliterator = false;
21 April 2012 at 8:46pm
Unfortunately I don' get an error. In the Apache error logs I also can't anything. Very strange. Any idea how to get an error?
Thanks for your help.
21 April 2012 at 9:20pm
I fixed this problem for me by doing something really bazaar.
I had got an error one of the first times I tried to install SS3b2 about zend_translate and so I went into the folder the error mentioned - SilverStripe-cms-v3.0.0-beta2/framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate - and found that all the files were missing their last letter (see attached image).
So I extracted again from the .tar but still the same problem, also tried downloading again but still the same problem.
In the end I fixed it by adding the appropriate letters to the files and that at least fixed the "Building database schema…" problem and I hopefully it will fix the transliterator error.
21 April 2012 at 9:30pm Last edited: 21 April 2012 9:44pm
I added the missing last letters too and now I got a fatal error. After all, a progress ;-) Thank's a lot! I attached my now appeared Error.
22 April 2012 at 9:44pm
I finally had success with my installation. Thanks again for every reply!
After all it was a little bit strange. At first I had to add the missing letters like Lukereative said. To solve the the last posted error I installed the latest 2 release and upgraded it to 3. I think it's a problem of the current installer because the system runs very well.
If I have the page ready I'll take a closer look and possibly post a bug ticket. I hope my experience may help and again thank you ;-)
22 April 2012 at 11:29pm
strangely enough I got this installed on my local server without a hitch O.o any requirements that popped up during the install process i changed as required in my wamp installation.
|Go to Top|