4952 Posts in 14417 Topics by 1491 members
Page: 1 2
|Go to End|
20 November 2012 at 1:48pm Last edited: 20 November 2012 2:22pm
Hmm, that's weird... IIS URL Rewrite Module should've been installed with the Web Platform Installer...
It really shouldn't be this hard to get SilverStripe running, the process *should* be seamless on the installer, but variations in installed software and versions of Windows seem to make the process more complicated than it should be.
As far as I can tell, the error is about converting a varchar to datetime, and a value is out of bounds, if my translation of the error to English is correct.
I don't know why this conversion is happening though, and the query it tries to run seems fine to me.
Do you know which field and value it's failing on, maybe the error has more details in there than I can read?
Could it be that because SQL Server has German as the locale that it doesn't understand the date values given to it, so it thinks they're out of bounds? Seems kind of unlikely though...
EDIT: If you change the language to English of SQL Server, what happens?
You can do that using SQL Server Management Studio. Once you've got it open, right click the server on the left hand panel and go to Advanced and change the language field there.
If you can't find SQL Server Management Studio, you can install it through the Web Platform Installer, by the way.
Alternatively, if that doesn't work, find where SilverStripe is installed, go to the mssql/code/MSSQLDatabase.php file, find the two lines:
$this->query('SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON');
$this->query('SET TEXTSIZE 2147483647');
and add this line above or below:
$this->query('SET LANGUAGE us_english');
4 December 2012 at 11:55pm
thank you very much for your information.
Finally I had managed to setup this windows environment...
Maybe an additional tip (for others):
install SQL-Express (via M$ site) before installing SS via the web-installer,
that way the SQLManagementStudio is able to install which its setup denied
when just utilizing the web-installer's SQLExpress...
well, then, porting 'that site' from my linux dev environment to that win platform is another horror story...
never the less thanks a lot for your help
5 December 2012 at 10:40am
Good to see you got there in the end. I must say, the Web Platform Installer is a bit difficult to debug when things go wrong.
I've reported the issues I've found to Microsoft, some of which I found myself and have noticed others on this forum have been having, but I don't think they've been resolved yet...
Page: 1 2
|Go to Top|