4938 Posts in 16370 Topics by 1490 members
|Go to End|
5 January 2009 at 9:44pm
Hi I am a Newbie to Silverstripe, but was able to install it with the help of the turorials and it ist running. However currently I experience 2 weird problems:
1. I cannot delete the home-page from silverstripe. I created a new one and called it home. However, everytime I call the /db/build?flush=1 function it will create another home-page which is basically the one from the theme. Did I miss something?
2. I was able to upload pictures and I can see and edit them on the files&images tab. However, everytime I click on the folder on the site-content tab in the image section i get the error message "error getting files". there is no preview and I cannot even acces one single picture. Any ideas?
The page is www.musikkapelle-uns.de
Also I thought after using the build function and resetting a fresh browser I should be able to see the updated content, however I still get broken / missing pages and scrambled content?
Thanks for your help,
5 January 2009 at 10:26pm
1) is a thing that I see every time a do a /db/build?flush=1 too. But you should only do a /db/build?flush=1 when you have changed any content type, so not very often. To see changes in templates just do a ?flush=1 and to see changes in content you should only have to reload the page. But I think it is a bug that should be fixed.
2) My guess is that you have wrong permissions on the folders under assets. Check that all folders there has got 777 rights. I know that I have forgotten the Upload folder once and I got alot of similar errors.
6 January 2009 at 4:09am
thanks for the fast reply.
1. My "workaround" now was to delete my home page again and use the one, that is created after the build. seems to work so far.
2. That still is a big issue. I tripple checked that the whole assets folder and each file does have 777 rights, but I still get the same error message.
Any other suggestions?
6 January 2009 at 5:13am
.. never mind. It must have been a Chrome issue. After switching to Firefox I got it to work, then Chrome crashed and now it works in Chrome too...
|Go to Top|