4938 Posts in 16827 Topics by 1490 members
|Go to End|
31 July 2009 at 5:46pm Last edited: 31 July 2009 5:50pm
I am reluctant to use MAMP because I went to the trouble of getting xdebug-2.0.5 to work with my PHP install (entropy's 5.3.0-3) so here's the deal:
1. Apache 2.2.11 (stock Leopard version)
-mod_rewrite IS DEFINITELY enabled
2. PHP 5.3.0-3
3. MySql 5.1.x
4. OSX 10.5.7
I get everything set up on SS's install page, but when I go ahead with the install, SS complains that either I need to enable mod_rewrite (it already is) or that I need to set AllowOverride All. When I set AllowOverride ANYWHERE (in httpd.conf, httpd-userdir.conf,*HOME*.conf) and try to return to the install page, I get a "forbidden" error. Has anyone set this up on OSX without MAMP?
BTW, if you're having trouble getting xdebug to work, I posted a solution: http://www.entropy.ch/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4020
3 August 2009 at 1:03pm
Yep, same problem for me.
It is necessary to add FollowSymLinks to the directory options in your apache configuration to allow mod_rewrite to work. So for me, using an alias I have the following:
Alias /mySilverstripeSite/ /Users/robinsouthgate/Workspaces/SilverStripeTest/
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
Allow from all
With that in place the installation goes through ok and I get no errors, but when it redirects me to my homepage I get a 404: The requested page couldn't be found. And then browsing to any pages that make use of sapphire (i.e. anything but the install.php) I get the same error.
This 404 is returned by ModelAsController.php if it can't find the correct page to return once it analyses the url segments. At this point it's clear the newly created rewrites are working so something else is broken and I'm stuck!
3 August 2009 at 3:22pm
My particular problems were because the database was corrupted probably from a previous failed install. Having added the symfollowlinks to options, I dropped the SS database and ran the install again and success!
4 August 2009 at 9:37pm
I have set up my SS on OSX 10.5.7 with MAMP, and it worked out of the box... didn't even have to change any files...
maybe if you post your exact problem, i might be able to help...
5 August 2009 at 6:43pm
I also opted for the non-MAMP route. It was last year so the details are a bit fuzzy now but after compiling a version of PHP that included GD, I was able to get it all working.
And this by someone who normally will do anything to avoid typing the Terminal! So, it does work.
I've attached my notes made at the time.
|Go to Top|