4938 Posts in 16764 Topics by 1490 members
|Go to End|
10 September 2009 at 5:13am
Hi, I am in need of help or if nobody can give help then I hope it's being considered as a bug report.
I tried to install SS 2.3.3 on my Strato VServer. I already have a working installation of SS 2.3.2 on
the same server. And I am operating another with SS 2.3.2 on another Hosting.
However, I didn't manage to get the latest release working.
The install sheet shows ok on every subject. Once I click install I it redirects me to the install
status screen informing me it will take round 30 seconds. Well, I have waited for 5 minutes. No reaction.
I can't access index.php afterwards, nor does the install.php page show up correctly. Meaning all
variables are output by print_r() as it seems.
I tried to repeat the installation with a completely new upload. Same thing.
After working on this for 3 hours I lost my patience and used another CMS.
I think the SS community should consider to enforce testing before releasing a new
client too quickly.
If anyone has had the same issues and managed to get it working I would be happy to exchange
10 September 2009 at 5:59am Last edited: 10 September 2009 6:11am
Set the .htacess file on chmod 777 while installation and it will work.
But your webhoster has often low RAM/bandwith on vserver (shared hosts). Had a lot of trouble with while using:
- many read/write processes to mysql
- frequented websites
- some people report a lot of perfomance-problems using wordpress
- myself had probs some customers webspace on same hoster using smarty with cache on(yes - you config a solutions for more performance and get minor)
Maybe it will help ( on other cms systems too) to limit RAM (ini_set('memory_limit','32M') and high up the server-timeout.
Your hoster tells in advertising X-Bandwith, but don't tell you that the bandwith ist shared between a lot of vservers.
So the 2.3.3 version works proper on 1und1, server4you, hetzner and so on ( I think u are from germany when using strato).
11 September 2009 at 9:52am
Thanks for your reply.
- I had set file permissions to 777 (SS install-script also reported everything with green color)
- I changed to a bigger VServer with 1GB guaranteed RAM, it's still only site I am operating on this server, with almost no traffic
so I don't think it maybe the problem.
- about the Gameserver ( I would not even dare to put this on a Vserver ;-) )
- RAM limit shouldn't be an issue as the Server guarantees 1 GB
I will have another look at the logs.
|Go to Top|