4952 Posts in 14257 Topics by 1491 members
|Go to End||Next >|
19 October 2009 at 1:20am
That portion appears to be fine. I see that on my test installation too.
127.0.0.1 - - [18/Oct/2009:23:14:47 +1100] [127.0.0.1/sid#7fea72ee8860][rid#7fea732d3bd8/initial/redir#1] (3) [perdir /var/www/_silverstripe/] applying pattern '.*' to uri 'sapphire/main.php'
127.0.0.1 - - [18/Oct/2009:23:14:47 +1100] [127.0.0.1/sid#7fea72ee8860][rid#7fea732d3bd8/initial/redir#1] (4) [perdir /var/www/_silverstripe/] RewriteCond: input='/_silverstripe/sapphire/main.php' pattern='^(.*)$' => matched
127.0.0.1 - - [18/Oct/2009:23:14:47 +1100] [127.0.0.1/sid#7fea72ee8860][rid#7fea732d3bd8/initial/redir#1] (4) [perdir /var/www/_silverstripe/] RewriteCond: input='/var/www/_silverstripe/sapphire/main.php' pattern='!-f' => not-matched
127.0.0.1 - - [18/Oct/2009:23:14:47 +1100] [127.0.0.1/sid#7fea72ee8860][rid#7fea732d3bd8/initial/redir#1] (1) [perdir /var/www/_silverstripe/] pass through /var/www/_silverstripe/sapphire/main.php
Looking at that test, its checking to see if main.php is not a regular file, which correctly should return false.
19 October 2009 at 1:47am
The missing mysql libs as errors on apache startup are a worry. Do they show in a phpinfo() ?
Bed time for me, will check back tomorrow.
19 October 2009 at 2:45am Last edited: 19 October 2009 2:46am
They do not show up in phpinfo().
I posted a question about the missing modules on the entropy forums. Am wondering though in what way this could be entropy related - because I suspect that the three people here experiencing the problem have the same php module installed under osx. But I am not sure what to ask on that forum just yet.
Have a good night, working some more here in Berlin in cold autumn weather.
19 October 2009 at 6:00am
I've eliminated Apache2 + PHP5.3 as a possible source of the problem.
My current theory is that it's a configuration item in either httpd.conf
I'm running Apache2 and PHP5.3 as provided by OS-X 10.6, as I
said in the original post. This morning I installed the XAMPP stack
as an experiment: it also has Apache2 and PHP5.3. Siliverstripe
installed and runs OK in that environment.
So the facts point to a problematic configuration of Apache or
PHP... not that that really narrows it down that much! I really want
to run under the standard OS-X versions so I'm still looking for
19 October 2009 at 6:25am Last edited: 19 October 2009 6:25am
Then it is probably something in apache, could indeed be the httpd.conf => I am not using the php 5.3 that came with my OS since it does not contain GD (and a quick google confirmed that 10.6 has that out of the box). I used Entropy instead.
But how about mysql, any of the more experienced Silverstripers here know if that could cause any of the problems we have? I am running 5.0.86.
19 October 2009 at 8:15am
The 404 message that appears for this failure, "The requested page couldn't be found." appears
only in ModelAsController.php inside the getNestedController method. I replaced the 404 HTTPResponse
with the throwing of an exception to get the following traceback at the point of failure:
[User Error] Uncaught UserException: Failed in getNested Controller
The code here is not at all transparent and there are few comments to indicate what's
supposed to be happening. It be great if we could get one of the SilverStripe implementors
to take a look at this.
19 October 2009 at 11:03am
I can not explain how this helped, but after many hours of trying various
things to get the "success page" after an apparently successful install,
and always receiving the "The requested page couldn't be found." message,
I tried blowing away the SilverStripe MySql database before running the
install procedure again.
I have no idea why why this fixed anything. If anyone can enlighten me
please do so. I hate unexplained "fixes".
19 October 2009 at 12:17pm Last edited: 19 October 2009 12:18pm
Well, I dropped all the tables, then went to my install and was redirected to http://127.0.0.1/_silverstripe/dev/build?returnURL= and got the message "Setting up the database; you will be returned to your site shortly...." and a message telling me the date was not set correctly blablabla
Again got the requested page not found error, but I suspect this was caused by the fact that I tried accessing the silverstripe main page at http://127.0.0.1/_silverstripe/ instead of going to http://127.0.0.1/_silverstripe/install.php. (I tested this: I dropped all the tables again and went back to http://127.0.0.1/_silverstripe/ to see what happened, and indeed, all the tables were back.)
Ok, now I get date errors in dataobject.php at line 912 instead of in the other file... Edited all the php.ini files I got in my system (the one that come with Entropy and the one that comes with the os) and so far no luck, Every time I get stuck at line 912 of the dataobject.php. If I can not get past this I switch to MAMP
Anyway, there is some progress, one little step at a time - am going to bed now, be back tomorow
|Go to Top||Next >|